No announcement yet.

I hate kISS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rumor that Paul is bi has been going around for years, but in the end- no pun intended - I don't think anyone really cares or is surprised. I thought this was pretty funny when I read it though - picture Paul in full make-up and KISS garb:
    SKID ROW Frontman Recounts Sharing Men's Room With KISS' PAUL STANLEY - Dec. 20, 2002

A brand new interview with SKID ROW frontman Johnny Solinger has been posted on the group's official web site at this location.

When asked by the interviewer for the "funniest story" he's ever told, Solinger recounted an experience from the band's tour with KISS in 2000 in which he happened to find himself sharing a men's room with KISS frontman Paul Stanley.

"[While on tour with KISS] in Denver, Colorado. I had just gotten off stage and had to use the men's room," he said. "I'm at the urinal when Paul Stanley, in full makeup and costume, walks up to the urinal beside me. The bathroom is empty, but he picks the one next to mine. As I zip up he looks over my shoulder and says 'Nice dick,' sarcastically snickers and walks away. True story."

Comment

I like a lot of stuff that KISS did, but I kind of lost respect for KISS when Gene and Paul try so hard to market their image everywhere. Condoms, lunchboxes, coffins, etc; for fucks sake, just keep making good music and doing great stage shows and stop the idiotic marketing!

Iron Maiden, for me, is a band that kept their shit together better than any other group. Yeah, Bruce and Adrian left for a while to do their own things, but there was no drama or hate involved and they got back together and made killer albums afterwards. When I first heard "Dance of Death", it sounded incredible and it was a song they wrote long after their hey day. You can tell it's about making great music and putting out great shows for Iron Maiden, not about putting out a glow-in-the-dark Eddie condom... (I would probably one if they did though... )
      Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
      Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

You're kidding yourself if you think most other bands wouldn't market their image in a heartbeat if it would sell...Kiss has a sizable advantage in marketing due to their gimmick and I don't see fault in trying to make money any (legal) way you can. I've bought my share of "Eddie" stuff over the years too ..Maiden is one of the only other bands that could even come close in the marketing dept.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
          product

That's the problem. it's not some sort of artistic experience and not music as an art form, and is just a product for consumers to engage in mass-consumption. It's essentially pop music with guitars and pyrotechnics. And they go where the money takes them, hence the "disco Kiss I WAS MADE FOR LOVING YOU WHOO WHOO WHOOO WHOOO OOH OOH OOH."

They're entertainers in a business, and nothing more. If you accept that, then they're bearable. As entertainers I can accept them even with Gene and Paul's never-ending greed, but as artists they're completely bankrupt and not something I care about.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post

Historically it's a bigger controversy when a band introduces synths.
            sigpic
            Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Maiden89 View Post
              Iron Maiden, for me, is a band that kept their shit together better than any other group. Yeah, Bruce and Adrian left for a while to do their own things, but there was no drama or hate involved
              Don't say that out too loud, though I might agree they've been more professional about it
              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I'm just surprised the band logo wasn't KI$$ from day one lol
                Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

I was 11 years old when I saw the destroyer tour. I loved them, but they kind of haven't existed for me since the Love Gun album. yes I had first row on Halloween night at Irvine Meadows out here when they put the makeup on and got all the original members back, tickets cost me 500 each, bought 4 of them. had 7th row at Dodger stadium for Psycho Circus, and I was done again with them. Paul Stanley has on e of the best rock and roll voices I've ever heard, but I must say it hurts to watch your favorite bands age, there's not many that can keep playing at a high level as the time passes. Or is it that i'm just older now and things don't seem nearly as magical? probably a little of both. the Stones have not disappointed me yet, but they're fuckin' incredible.
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
                    I'm just surprised the band logo wasn't KI$$ from day one lol
                    They worked hard for the money, which is what Gene was in it for... that and pussy.

Remember no one was forced to buy their shitty records.
                    sigpic
                    Action Jackson

Comment

Kiss probably hates you, too!
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Check my sig. Kiss fcking rules! They arent the greatest(stones) or the best( Beatles) the loudest (who) or the hippest ( Floyd),Like they arent as heavy as Ozzy, nor are they as techincal as Maiden, or as smokingt hot as Pantera but they are the most awesome. Their songs are incredibly great, and all of them are hits.!
                        Last edited by MegloManiac; 09-16-2013, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Try actually reading the whole thread and not just the title before you comment guys.
                          Last edited by leftykingv2; 09-16-2013, 11:19 PM.
                          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                            Try actually reading the whole thread and not just the title before you comment guys.

Shut up... KISS sucks
                            sigpic
                            Action Jackson

Comment

Go play your guitar Nimitz!!! And you shut up!!
                              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                                Go play your guitar Nimitz!!! And you shut up!!
                                That's a good idea... being meaning to go play all day... now that I have the motivation, I'm there.

sigpic
                                Action Jackson

Comment

Working...
                                X