Cheap meat. It's a fett thing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap meat. It's a fett thing.

You young pups don't know me. Here's the new "Cheap Meat" deal. They have pork packed where you buy one pack and get one free. They charge from $8.99l lb to $4.99lb. That's a deal? Nope. They also slap stickers to get the meat gone. I look for the same list per pound with the $3 off sticker on both. I have done this many times. I did that today. The highest pack was $7.91. The other was $7.51. Each pack was $7.99/lb. My cost? 99 cents per pound. $1.91. I eat like a Viking.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

That is some confusing math I will say. :think:
    I like black and white guitars

Comment

WTF? Fett is back???
      Sam

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by walshula View Post
          That is some confusing math I will say. :think:
          First pack of pork was $7.91. Second pack was $7.51. It was buy one get one free, so the $7.51 disappears. That leaves him with two packs of pork for a grand total of $7.91. But each pack had a $3 off sticker on it. So after subtracting the $6, his new total was $1.91 for both packs of pork. With each weighing in at around a pound, Fett is paying just $0.99 a pound instead of the $7.99 a pound they were marked. That's a great deal on pork.

Comment

How can you get $3 off something that is free? That smells like fishy pork to me. I could understand getting the two pounds for $4.91 which would equal $2.455 a pound. But then again I am scared of eating outdated discounted meat so I will always be ignorant to those kind of deals.

Eat good my friends
            I like black and white guitars

Comment

Oh fett, how I've missed your meat.
              Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxsnake View Post
                First pack of pork was $7.91. Second pack was $7.51. It was buy one get one free, so the $7.51 disappears. That leaves him with two packs of pork for a grand total of $7.91. But each pack had a $3 off sticker on it. So after subtracting the $6, his new total was $1.91 for both packs of pork. With each weighing in at around a pound, Fett is paying just $0.99 a pound instead of the $7.99 a pound they were marked. That's a great deal on pork.

Errr...no.

Originally posted by walshula View Post
                How can you get $3 off something that is free?

This.

If the $7.51 disappears with the B1G1F, then so does the $3 off for that pack. $7.91 - $3 = $4.91 for 2 pounds of piggie-meat. If it was closer to 4 pounds total, then you could say 99 cents a pound.

Either way, with the money you saved, you can buy the brand-name engine flush so you don't have cheap meat jamming up your plumbing.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I don't trust reduced meat. I don't want stomach poisoning.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I haven't seen a deal this good since Food Lion!

Comment

At one supermarket, my nice butcher lady will make a new label that reflects the price for me. Ergo, way marked down. This market uses stickers. $1 $2 $3 off . They sticker the package without regard to any sales like the Buy one, Get one free. The trick is to find 2 packs that have the same price per pound with stickers on them. I know they start at crazy high prices per pound. It's a game I like to play. The upside is I can eat on the way cheap. I also know the checkers real well. They smile when I arrive at the checkout stand. They know, I never pay retail. It blows their minds when they circle the receipt showing what percentage I saved. "You saved 85%". The people who work at supermarkets are consumers. They have to buy food. They appreciate my shopping skills. I'm not one of those crazy people that have binders full of coupons. These people are my friends. I treat them with respect. It's a WIN WIN.

Comment

well, where I come from baby face fettster, coupon spelled backwards is - No-Pou-C and it rings true. Cheap meat is great I guess if it's only referring to the price and not the quality of it. here's to hoping you're not eating horrible meat pal.
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Hi. Tommy. There are inexpensive cuts of meat. They still sell for lots of bucks per pound. The "Cheap Meat" that I buy are quality cuts at really low prices. For example: How much does a pound of ground beef, aka hamburger, cost? Where I live, those 1 pound tubes cost over $3. That stuff is rot guts. Then, there are the packs that are nothing more than an inside job where they grind leftover steaks. The want anywhere from $2.99 to $3.99 a pound. I got that covered. They just put that in trays. Some packs are heavy. Others aren't. $3 off on a $10+ pack is no deal. I find the packs that list for around $6+. I see a $3 Off sticker on one of those. Do the math. My average cost for hamburger is around $1.50 a pound. That's still too much. What about the people that live on a budget and work and can't go to the supermarket when the "Snags are there? I treat this as my little food folly.

Comment

I did buy another one of those Pork deals. I saved "90%". That's found money. Without the Stickers, it would have been $7.39. Not $1.39 for 1.5 lbs of pork chops. I 'm $6 ahead. Not really. Anyway, I used the $6 dollars I "Saved" to go to the thrift stores. I need a suit. My son is going to be married. I need to be dressed up. I think. Like I know. I'm not your average bear. I'm a Big and Tall Viking. I found my suit today for under $16. It's not a suit. It's a tuxedo. Based on my convoluted math, my tux cost me less than $10. It actually fits.

Comment

Originally posted by conker2021 View Post
                              I haven't seen a deal this good since Food Lion!
                              Holy fuck that had me laughing.

Comment

Working...
                              X