Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giving Jackson players everywhere a bad name!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    I mostly gravitated towards the heavier stuff like Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Judas Priest, Mercyful Fate, and the thrash metal stuff like Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer, Overkill, Testament, Exodus, Anthrax, etc.
    Am I the only one that has always wondered what Metallica would have sounded like with a good drummer and decent lead guitarist? Lars should have stuck with tennis and Kirk should be selling shoes at Nordstrom's.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

MWAAHAAAHAAA

Yeah for sure huh?

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
        I'm one of those people who likes those bands because I like the music. I could care less if they looked glam, hair metal, or whatever you want to call it. I also liked the older bands like Led Zep (my favorite band actually). But let's not kid ourselves they all used studio "trickery" to the utmost of what was available at the time. In the 60's The Beatles did things in the studio that were just brilliant but not really reproducible live. They're still geniuses in my book. And those of you who don't consider 80's bands Metal better go look up the term back in that era. Yes, it was hard rock and what I prefer to call it myself actually. But going back as far as the 70's Led Zep and Black Sabbath were referred to as Heavy Metal bands. The term doesn't just apply to down tuned, heavy, Norwegian bands with unintelligible vocals from today
        Exactly
        I remember back in the 80s I was living in Hollywood and we all called ourselves "Hard Rock" like Heavy Metal was derogatory or something. I'm like you, the label doesn't matter as long as I like the music I couldn't give a crap what people call it... And yeah Zep is the best thing ever

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
          These guys were all better players and singers than the crap we have today and the best part is they could actually do what you hear on the record live.
          oh yea. Pearcy, Michaels, Dokken, Neil, all amazing singers. Easier to get it done live when it already sucks in the studio
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
            Am I the only one that has always wondered what Metallica would have sounded like with a good drummer and decent lead guitarist? Lars should have stuck with tennis and Kirk should be selling shoes at Nordstrom's.
            I serve the Apostle Timothy. I wonder sometimes though, does Kirk Hammet really play guitar?
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
              Kirk should be selling shoes at Nordstrom's.
              I picture him more working in a comic book or a collectable store.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                oh yea. Pearcy, Michaels, Dokken, Neil, all amazing singers. Easier to get it done live when it already sucks in the studio
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                  I never mentioned ANY of those people by name, you did. I've never been a fan of any of the singers you mentioned in the above quote. Stop putting words in people's mouth Vitamin G. Just so you know Jeff Pilson is an amazing singer and should have been the lead singer of that band because Don sucks. Check out T&N if you want to hear Pilson's singing. It destroys Don Dokken's.
                  Last edited by leftykingv2; 09-24-2013, 06:42 PM.
                  This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Crab Core that just sounds stupid.
                      Several years back "xtreme" was the catch word now its core LOLOL.
                      I guess I play rock core or melodic metal core....................I'm really cor"E"n fused.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                        Crab Core that just sounds stupid.
                        Several years back "xtreme" was the catch word now its core LOLOL.
                        I guess I play rock core or melodic metal core....................I'm really cor"E"n fused.
                        "coren holed"
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarMechanic View Post
                          Exactly
                          I remember back in the 80s I was living in Hollywood and we all called ourselves "Hard Rock" like Heavy Metal was derogatory or something...
                          In high school I played with a bassist that was really into 70's classic rock and I was more into 80's hard rock and heavy metal. We would fight, because I wanted to be in a metal band and he wanted it to be a rock band, so we met in the middle and decided to be a "Hard Rock" band. The only thing we always seemed to agree to was lots and lots of alcohol... That's probably why we never went anywhere
                          Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                          Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

I never mentioned ANY of those people by name, you did. I've never been a fan of any of the singers you mentioned in the above quote. Stop putting words in people's mouth Vitamin G. Just so you know Jeff Pilson is an amazing singer and should have been the lead singer of that band because Don sucks. Check out T&N if you want to hear Pilson's singing. It destroys Don Dokken's.
                            true, you did not single out any particular singers. You said in regards to the 80s metal bands that people are now calling "hair bands":

These guys were all better players and singers than the crap we have today and the best part is they could actually do what you hear on the record live.
                            I wasn't putting words in your mouth. You asserted that they were ALL better players and singers. I provided some examples of the "all"

Agreed re: Pilson. I have a couple of CDs from his other projects. Lynch/Pilson and War & Peace. Wouldn't declare him an amazing singer but he's good and much better than Dokken. It wouldn't be the first time that a lead vocalist isn't the best singer in the band - DLR had some pretty good harmonies helping him out
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

He's amazing compared to Don's doughnut huffing ass! Yeah that was a broad statement and I certainly wasn't speaking for any of the guys you mentioned. You pretty much hamstringed me there with four of the worst examples of 80's singing. LOL I don't know how you came up with four guys who suck so bad so quickly. That was funny as hell.

Comment

Who cares. I don't because fuck you!

I passed my first kidney stone. The pain was fantastic. The best part was displaying my bloody pud to my wife and kid! A family moment you can't take back. Even with the reciept (stone #1). I can't wait for my next one. Hopefully it'll be on Halloweenie..so I can scare the fuggin' neighborhood. This is pure 100% horrifying shit..Blood on Satan's Pud.

Timmy shat trutheth! 80's tones buried in reverb and delay so deep..it made 70's bush awesome. Like that chick in "Da Shining"! Basically, most 80's tones smelled like pee.

I love you guys..you dickholes. Did I see Fettster back ..wow. I must officially go to his thread and grace it with my blessitude.

Is Tommy still high and gay...I certainly hope so!
                                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                                X