WW2 vets earn today's "FUCK YEAH" award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WW2 vets earn today's "FUCK YEAH" award

Obama ordered that national open-air monuments fenced off, and he can't pay people to keep them open and let people in, but he can pay people to keep the public out.

Well here comes the greatest generation not putting up with that shit, and they break through to vist their own WW2 memorial

I agree this is total BS.
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
      I agree this is total BS.
      Co-signed.

Comment

Agreed it is total BS, and kudos to the WWII vets for going anyway.

And, not trying to start a political debate, but it is also total BS to blame the President. It is the fault of Congress for failing to pass legislation to pay the bills and keep government running. When the bills can't get paid, the President is forced to close government operations, including these national parks. The Legislature holds the purse strings, blame Congress.

Comment

Army navy game cancelled, even though no public money is used. Athletic director said he was told it was due to the "optics".

There was a tiny sign in front of the WWI memorial, stating it was closed. No Honor Flight group was going there, of course. They were going to the WWII memorial only. And so full barricades were deployed to keep them out and armed parks police patrolled the site just to make a scene... Which has backfired spectacularly.

Direct to you from your friends in the executive branch. These are miserable, spiteful people.

Comment

They should have docked the pay of senators and house members. Not working so they shouldn't be paid.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I blame the system its 180 degrees out of whack.
              It never should have been let get into this shape.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

That's what you get for having rooms full of people only interested in their own agenda (and money) and not the job they are supposed to be doing

No worries, not a personal attack on US politics, just at those overpaid pencilpushers in general
                "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I had the great privilege (sp) to hang around with 4 WWII Vets. My uncle was 1. He was a Marine in the South Pacific. 2. Was a guy that was covert. 3. Was a guy in the SP. 4 was a guy that fought his way all the way to Germany. He was a LT Col. That was in the mid '80's to the early '90's. I heard some of their stories. I wish they were alive today. I would have loved to get their thoughts today.
                  I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

You should hear the stories of the WWII vets at the 82nd Airborne reunions and the Vietnam War Ranger/LRRP units. The finest men our country has ever produced and unfortunately they are passing away too soon.

Comment

What's sad is once the WWII vets are gone you won't see things like that happen again. They truly are the greatest generation!

Of course I'm sure there were quite a few Vietnam veteran motorcycle riders on the million bike march to DC on September 11th. I was glad to see them flip the bird to DC, and the million Muslim march!

Comment

Talk about lost souls. Thousands fought in the Korean "Police Action". Lots of soldiers died. Some fought WWII and 5 years later back to the war. What about them?
                        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

If I see Korean War veterans march on their memorial in DC I'm gonna give them kudo's too. Didn't see any coverage at the Korean War memorial, did you fett?

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                            Talk about lost souls. Thousands fought in the Korean "Police Action". Lots of soldiers died. Some fought WWII and 5 years later back to the war. What about them?
                            I don't think the WW2 attention detracts from veterans of Korea. In this particular news cycle attention is being pad because a "closed" executive branch brought people back off furlough specifically to bar access to a monument which had a large, scheduled visitation.

Highway pull offs with views of Mt. Rushmore that don't belong to the park service and are never staffed are currently staffed by park service employees to keep people from seeing Rushmore from outside the park. Box trucks were parked in front of Old Faithful to keep the people who own it (all of us) from seeing it. They seem to believe these treasures are no longer held in trust for us but are instead property in whole of the government, to be used as theater spitefully and politically.

As for the Korean vets in general it's a matter of scope I guess. Bigger war, much bigger participation, consequently greater (more than 11 times) casualties, etc. They of course deserve their full measure of honor... I don't believe attention to one diminishes attention to the other. Honor one veteran, honor them all. They're all part of the same story, just different chapters.

Comment

Working...
                            X