Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No trem back plate and drummer thinks my guitar is "broken"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No trem back plate and drummer thinks my guitar is "broken"...

So I played my new Schecter at our last gig. It has a Floyd Rose trem. I never install back plates on trem-equipped guitars.

While setting up, the drummer says, "what's wrong with the back of that guitar? It's broken or something."

I told him that I never install a back plate on guitars with a whammy bar because it makes adjustments and so forth quicker/easier.

I get a deer in the headlights look and continue with setting up.

Just thought I'd share.

How can you tell if your drum riser isn't level?

The drool only comes out of one side of your drummer's mouth.

Comment

Haha Im the same way, first thing when getting a new guitar is removing the trem plate. Havent put one on in probably 10 years.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

How often are you guys adjusting these damn trem springs?? It seems like once you get your trem leveled out and the springs broken in, you hardly ever need to mess with them again. :think:

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
          So I played my new Schecter at our last gig. It has a Floyd Rose trem. I never install back plates on trem-equipped guitars.

While setting up, the drummer says, "what's wrong with the back of that guitar? It's broken or something."

I told him that I never install a back plate on guitars with a whammy bar because it makes adjustments and so forth quicker/easier.

I get a deer in the headlights look and continue with setting up.

Just thought I'd share.
          And this is why we make drummers sit in the back

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
          How often are you guys adjusting these damn trem springs?? It seems like once you get your trem leveled out and the springs broken in, you hardly ever need to mess with them again. :think:
          I find once my trem is set it pretty much stays there for years. I hardly ever have to re-adjust them so I put the back plates back on.
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

If I wasn't a musician do you know what I'd be???? A drummer!
            This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Once I locked my keys in the car, I had to break the window to get the drummer out!!!
              Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                Once I locked my keys in the car, I had to break the window to get the drummer out!!!
                This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

no shock there really, you were talking to a drummer ya know. Ya know the guy you use to drool so you can level the drum riser. The same guy who has to call the cops to come get him out his girlfriends car that hes locked into and can't get out because he doesn't have the keys. The same guy who is homeless every time he is girlfriendless lol
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

I always put the trem cover back on...afraid something may get pitched while thrashing the tremolo.

How can you tell a drummer is knocking at your door? The knocking speeds up.

How do you get a drummer off your front porch? Pay him $20 for the pizza.

What is the difference between a drummer and a savings bond? One will eventually mature and make money.
                    No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

lol, guys.

Our drummer isn't a guitar player, so I get that he doesn't totally understand guitars, but his choice of the word "broken" just cracked me up.

As far as the reason for not re-installing the back plate: I agree that once a Floyd is setup I don't have to mess with the springs all that much. But I started leaving them off with trems that have the strings feed through the trem block (Strats) and I've also had Tremol-nos installed on a couple guitars. To keep it consistent, I just leave them all off. I've never had a problem doing that. If a person plays without a shirt and has a hairy chest/belly, then I could see wanting to put the plate back on.

Comment

How many drummers does it take to change a light bulb?
                        Two: One to hold the light bulb, and one to drink until the room spins

Comment

Shecter= broken. J/K. What do you do with a drummer on your porch? Pay him for the pizza.
                          I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post

What is the difference between a drummer and a savings bond? One will eventually mature and make money.
                            I knew a drummer that was 27 that still lived with his parents, didn't know how to read or write, couldn't get a job and spent most of his time begging for drugs, alcohol and money from his girlfriend, friends and anybody else he thought would give him something.
                            Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                            Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

i always leave the tremelo backplate off too..just seems natural
                              GEAR:
                              #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
                              #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
                              #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
                              #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
                              #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
                              AMPS:
                              1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
                              ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

Working...
                              X