No announcement yet.

Connecting with your live audience....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a good enough guitarist that I can stand on stage & hold a guitar without falling over, but bad enough that serious musicians don't come to talk gear with me. So any gear based chat is with guys that used to play back in the day, or who have some impressive gear at home, haven't heard of Randall or Jackson but they like my Fender and wonder why I'm not using a Marshall.

As for the ladies, I appear approachable enough when on stage that they'll call me down to ask if we know how to play a particular song (probably something C&W, which I invariably have never heard of) and to make seductive googly eyes at while they are dancing with their girlfriends. But in breaks, rarely will they come up for a chat. Probably because of the intimidating raw potent sexuality my middle-aged slightly overweight ass oozes.

Always happy to receive a compliment. Because compliments aren't really about me. Regardless of the show I feel I've had, when someone comes up to show their appreciation, they go away feeling like they've had a good night if they've enjoyed the performance, had a chance to interact with the guys they've been dancing to onstage & the band has said "thanks very much!" to their praise. If I was to respond with something like "really? Were you even really listening to the show? I totally butchered the solo in Jessie's Girl. Sure, we can play your wedding next March, I'll grab you a card" then all the goodwill we've established has been completely undone.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
    X