No announcement yet.

Pocket Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JG, you are only going to be proficient with your weapon if that is the weapon you practice with to the point that it becomes a part of you. I have .22 rifles I like to shoot. I used to have a .22 pistol. I do not nor have I ever tried substituting a caliber of such for the weapon I was going to use to defend myself.

My logic is this: You are not going to find a .22 pistol that fits in your hand, has the same recoil, has the same flash, has the same trajectory, weight, trigger pull and travel, etc. as your personal carry gun. On the other side of my argument, I also feel that some practice is better than no practice. Keep in mind, bullet flight and accuracy between the 2 calibers is going to be different.

I have guns that shoot more accurately with with Brand X ammo versus Brand Y ammo. Some guns do not care and they shoot the same no matter what brand ammo......or it is so close it makes no difference.

I am not saying to NOT buy a .22, because they are good cheap fun, but, make sure you put good quality time in with your carry weapon. There are alot of .22 conversions out there for many popular guns. There is one for the Glock G26, but, it is around $300.00. This will help with some of the issues I mentioned above, but, will not address all the issues. Recoil and target re-aquirement will be different between the two rounds.

If you want to save some ammo and get some good quality time on your trigger, really spend time on your trigger and aiming. What I mean is to REALLY focus on the spot you want to hit on the target. Slowly pull your trigger back.....and I mean so slow that you feel the trigger take up leave......then you feel the trigger creeping on the fulcrum.......and then you feel that little " snap " just a nano-second before the gun goes " BOOM ". This will actually strengthen you finger. Also note where your finger is on the trigger when you release the trigger for the next shot. Many people have a tendency of burying their finger into the trigger which will then cause subsequent follow up shots get pushed left ( if you are right handed ).

I shoot .45ACP at tourneys all the time. While that round is harder to maintain....and getting used to it makes a 9mm seem like nothing, I still spend as much time with my 9mm at the range as I do my .45. -Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

^^^ Hail Lousiffer
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Still talkin' guns. I like guns. I have guns. I shot people. These are facts.

But nobody is going to bite that annoying skintag off my balls> the one and true EUCARIST!??

Don't you know I'm Thoth? You fools!

I sayeth unto thee..Fucketh Thine Self!!!

Shemhamforash!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          Still talkin' guns. I like guns. I have guns. I shot people. These are facts.

But nobody is going to bite that annoying skintag off my balls> the one and true EUCARIST!??

Don't you know I'm Thoth? You fools!

I sayeth unto thee..Fucketh Thine Self!!!

Shemhamforash!
          I have sooooo missed Bill.....and the pills........mostly when the pills are in Bill!! -Lou
          " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post
            I have sooooo missed Bill.....and the pills........mostly when the pills are in Bill!! -Lou
            LousiPPerbrosephamammer. These are medical, scientifical, pharmicudical, historical, theological, political, satanical, angelical facts!!!

Where's fuggin' Tommy...

Oh here's randon thought. Billz walks into a JCF thread..and baddabing! Vafangul!!!

I am the mortal words of Jesus Christ. "This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me"

Love,

Count Fagula

Comment

Hey BillZBubbleButtLover!
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                Hey BillZBubbleButtLover!
                Drew...rhymes with Goo!

Comment

I just HIGH Jacked (puds intended) ..like always.

So, John walks into an Airport...and asks "Hey, did anyone find a gun?"

Comment

This is the best thread ever because Bill is at his finest. He may possibly be the smartest human being in the world. Regarding what Lou said.. I am going to put a 1000 rounds through my Glock before I start buying more guns. I agree that after shooting a target 22... its nothing like my G26. I didn't even like it that much. I like the big boom. I guess that's why I ride a Harley Wideglide instead of a Honda 250 and I play out of a Mesa Rectifier half stack instead of a 2 x 12 Line 6 combo.

Comment

Hey John. I was hoping there was some loophole to like you on my own. Vinny is home now but he seems consume with his women on the phone. Oh what an attitude. I wonder where he get that from..I'm so loving and warm.

Never disturb a young Zurlo during courting rituals with their mate. People's lives are at stake.

Update..My kid is a hiccup away from an asswhoopin'.

Comment

Just pull out your pud and scream "I made you with this pud and I can destroy you with it too!"
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

John, after selling all my guitars, I kinda got hooked on high dollar pistols. Ed Browns, Wilsons, Kimbers, Les Baers and Jim Clark Customs. To me, nothing shoots better than a Wilson Combat. But goddamn, they're expensive as hell and a pain in the ass to carry all day. The only time my pistol is off my hip is at bedtime and during routine POOPING! My daily carry gun ALWAYS is my Walther PPK/S in .380 caliber. Why? It's dammned accurate out to 25 yards. Second, it rides on my hip well and fits my hand perfectly. Third, although it's not the lightest, with a full clip it comes in at about 28 ounces. Being a DA/SA with a firing pin block, I can carry it safely with the safety latch off, similar to carrying a revolver. Finally, if its cool enough for James Bond, it's cool enough for me.

I've seen used PPK/S in the $325-350 range. Try one, shop around and maybe you'll have a new best friend. P.S. If anyone rags you about shooting a ladies caliber, ask them to volunteer to stand down range and catch a Corbon PD round. P.S.S. This gun will handle +P loads with a little more maintenance. I don't recommend +P+ loads if you love your fingers and hands!
                          "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                            John, after selling all my guitars, I kinda got hooked on high dollar pistols. Ed Browns, Wilsons, Kimbers, Les Baers and Jim Clark Customs. To me, nothing shoots better than a Wilson Combat. But goddamn, they're expensive as hell and a pain in the ass to carry all day. The only time my pistol is off my hip is at bedtime and during routine POOPING! My daily carry gun ALWAYS is my Walther PPK/S in .380 caliber. Why? It's dammned accurate out to 25 yards. Second, it rides on my hip well and fits my hand perfectly. Third, although it's not the lightest, with a full clip it comes in at about 28 ounces. Being a DA/SA with a firing pin block, I can carry it safely with the safety latch off, similar to carrying a revolver. Finally, if its cool enough for James Bond, it's cool enough for me.

I've seen used PPK/S in the $325-350 range. Try one, shop around and maybe you'll have a new best friend. P.S. If anyone rags you about shooting a ladies caliber, ask them to volunteer to stand down range and catch a Corbon PD round. P.S.S. This gun will handle +P loads with a little more maintenance. I don't recommend +P+ loads if you love your fingers and hands!
                            Thanks
                            Last edited by jgcable; 10-29-2013, 11:41 AM.

Comment

I don't know anything about guns, but I do know that my dick would probably be hard enough to cut diamonds if I fired one. sweet William Zurlo's gun is always popping off indoors or outdoors. are you really inside all the time Bill? That makes me sad pal, that's what I love about living out here, you can be outdoors the whole year, and it's god damn beautiful. and you don't need a gun either, even though many have them in their houses, it's not a necessity, and for that i'm grateful.
                              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Ended up picking up a Ruger LCP. Its as light as my Samsung S3 phone and just a little bigger! I checked out the Bersa Thunder, the S&W Bodyguard, Sig P238, Keltec P3AT and a few other 380's. I was looking for affordability, size, weight and dependability. The little Ruger seemed to cover all of that. No safety but a LONG trigger pull. The other guns were much more refined, had better sights, more features but they were more expensive, heavier and larger. I guess you get what you pay for but from what I read and heard.. there are millions of LCP's out there and the vast majority of the reviews are very good. Its a snappy gun though because its so light.

Comment

Working...
                                X