Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Metallica, U2, And Green Day (???) Tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMHO all three are pretentious and disappoint their early fans. I grew up in the punk scene. Greenday jumped the shark as much as the black album was a jump. Can't blame them at all honestly. My jaw dropped when they were on MTV the first time. They were on my shitty high school radio show just 9 months prior. I will say this though they grew into better musicians which cannot be said of Metallica. The same can be said of U2 post Joshua Tree. They are all huge rock stars who truly have the same demographic. 25-45 year old professionals who want to see bands they feel are important. It's kinda like the same crowd the stones draw these days basically.
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

IF they do tour, I'd expect the ticket prices to be insane just because Metallica expects a given amount AND U2 expects a given amount. And with U2 in the tour, cities would have to clear the arena for a week so U2 can set up their stage.

And who the fuck wants to tour with Green Day? They're the kings of middle-class white-bread suburbia poser-punk. Was Avril Lavigne not interested in touring with them?

Comment

Green Day are headlining the Soundwave Festival here next February. My son & I have our tickets. So we can beat the traffic and leave as soon as Alice in Chains finish playing
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
          Green Day are headlining the Soundwave Festival here next February. My son & I have our tickets. So we can beat the traffic and leave as soon as Alice in Chains finish playing
          Love AIC. FWIW Greenday fit the demographic the other two bands do.
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post

AIC played with GNR here this past summer.

Needless to say, I was frickin gone the second AIC was done.

That was the first time GNR ever played San Antonio and they very literally never played here before until this year, but that's not the real GNR, and I don't give any damns about seeing Axl with a bunch of hired session players.

Comment

Working...
            X