How about those Red Sox!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about those Red Sox!!!

Anybody on here Red Sox fans? I think they could do it this year, if you can hit Detroit's pitching staff you can hit just about anything.
    “On Ecstasy, Joan Rivers looks like Pamela Anderson, so imagine what Pamela Anderson looked like.”

Fuck baseball. If I cared any less about it, the universe would collapse. Stupidest "game" ever. You've got 7 people on the field watching the pitcher throw the ball to the catcher, and if someone does hit it, it goes over the wall.

Not to mention it takes 6 hours or more to end up with a score of 2-1. Like it's a fucking survey.

Football's gettng to be just as bad. The QB throws a 3-yard pass and some track star runs for 80 yards, and they call it an 80-yard "pass". It was a 3-yard pass and 80-yard run.
    Or the QB throws a ball 80 yards on EVERY play, even if it's only 10 yards to the end zone.
    And what the fuck is it with running up the middle?? 9 times out of 10, there's no hole to run through, yet here comes dumbass trying to run through an imaginary hole.
    Then there's the idiots who run along the sideline and get knocked out of bounds by the kicker, of all people, when he coulda took it home if he was 3 feet further infield.
    Mugging now counts as a fumble. So I guess all those purse-snatchers and car-jackers in jail can claim their victims "gave it up" and walk?
    And the one I hate the most - trying to nail the tippy-toe catch fully extended in the tiniest corner of the end zone or along the sidelines, and they pitch a bitch when it doesn't happen.

Soccer. Playing on a field 3 times bigger than it should be, while basketball is played on an area too small for 8 people. They should swap fields so the goal-hangers are too tired to jump and hang from the rim like monkeys, and it doesn't take an hour to get the ball into the net.

Can't stand hockey, either. Skating after a pocketwatch at 90 miles an hour in bomb-disposal gear and swinging broomsticks, then they stop for a boxing match, and still end up with a 2 to 1 score.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Go Tigers Go!

Matt lets face it, there are sports people and there are not sports people, you strike me as not a sports guy. Were you a kid who had 2 left feet growing up or extremely uncoordinated ?
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
        Go Tigers Go!

Matt lets face it, there are sports people and there are not sports people, you strike me as not a sports guy. Were you a kid who had 2 left feet growing up or extremely uncoordinated ?
        that or he has been smoking angel dust coincidentally every possible time he's had a sporting even t on in his entire life. holy smokes man!!! woweee mathilda!! eye poppingly alarming.............. (it's just a post to rile us up shawn, can't possibly be real, I ain't falling for it)
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

oh, and I hope the tigers wail the ever lovin' piss out of the red saaaawwwwwwxxxxxxxxx, i'm staaaahhvin', let's get some yaaaahhdbuhhhhd for dinnnnnaaahhhhhhhh!!

Comment

I grew up in Mass, so I'm a big sox fan. I hope they can get past Detroit. Tough series.

Comment

gotta tell you, this series is awfully evenly matched. thought the tigers were dead after that amazing sox comeback sunday night down 5-1 in the 8th, and then losing 1-0 with verlander, but they showed me something yesterday. fired up for today's game, I love baseball.

Comment

If you don't like sports then why comment on a sports thread? I respect your opinion but you seem like the kid who grew up afraid of the ball and hates on sports all together. Anyway as long as peavey isn't on the mound throwing the ball down the middle I think the sox have a shot. I don't know about the dodgers though...
                “On Ecstasy, Joan Rivers looks like Pamela Anderson, so imagine what Pamela Anderson looked like.”

Comment

peavey looked off balance to me last night. pedroia booting that double play ball really hurt the sox though, might have gotten out down only 1-0 but ended up getting hurt for 5 that inning. a walk or an error can unfortunately lead to the flood gates opening.

Comment

This is going to be a long series. Just two really good evenly matched teams going at it. The amount of scoreless innings with the bats on both sides is impressive. Good pitching usually beats good hitting and these pitchers are doing a fine job. Tonight is a rematch of game 1 and hoping Sanchez can have another performance but with some more run support
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                      peavey looked off balance to me last night. pedroia booting that double play ball really hurt the sox though, might have gotten out down only 1-0 but ended up getting hurt for 5 that inning. a walk or an error can unfortunately lead to the flood gates opening.
                      should have been 6 because the runner at 2nd wasn't really out, ump gave them a vicinity tag.......dude was about 6 inches off the bag
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

I think game 1 had a few shitty calls but Sanchez is a beast so I'm a little nervous but the Red Sox are still a clutch team so fingers crossed. I hope Lester can keep his head this time.

Comment

I did play sports as a kid, however I was not blinded by the "yippee! I'm playing with a ball!" like so many others. I had more questions than got answers for, and was never one for "we do it like this becuz them's the rulez". I wanted logic and reason, not "follow the leader". I didn't get logic and reason, so I didn't get the underlying concepts. "The spirit of competition" wasn't good enough justification for me. I could run, throw, catch, kick, defend, block, slide, etc etc, but had no interest in doing so like I was some trained monkey following command grunts. None of my school coaches were smart enough to provide the logic and reason, they just knew "sport am good" and dragged their knuckles around the yard.

After years of observing various sports, I call it like I see it, and what I see still makes no sense. Boxing has degenerated into bar brawling, and then MMA comes along and it's sanctioned street/gang fighting. That crap's being taught to 8 year olds at the schools around here.
                          As a sport, not as everyday schoolboy life.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                            and then MMA comes along and it's sanctioned street/gang fighting.
                            MMA... Man on Man Action! Who doesn't like that?

I also played baseball as a kid and just grew out of the whole sports thing. I can watch hockey every once in a blue moon, maybe baseball if it's on at my parents' or brother's house, and football is just for the Superbowl if I decide to even pay attention.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm a competition and adrenaline junky so I thrived in sports or anything else competitive.

As far as athelitic ability it doesn't matter if you have all the skill in the world if you don't have game IQ to go with it then you're just a regular player. Pair the high skill with game IQ and work ethic then your are a star player, win some championships to become a super star player
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X