How about those Red Sox!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
    I'm a competition and adrenaline junky so I thrived in sports or anything else competitive.

As far as athelitic ability it doesn't matter if you have all the skill in the world if you don't have game IQ to go with it then you're just a regular player. Pair the high skill with game IQ and work ethic then your are a star player, win some championships to become a super star player
    I'm the same way I just threw my arm out when I was younger and it was never the same and there's no hockey in Florida sadly.
    “On Ecstasy, Joan Rivers looks like Pamela Anderson, so imagine what Pamela Anderson looked like.”

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      I did play sports as a kid, however I was not blinded by the "yippee! I'm playing with a ball!" like so many others. I had more questions than got answers for, and was never one for "we do it like this becuz them's the rulez". I wanted logic and reason, not "follow the leader". I didn't get logic and reason, so I didn't get the underlying concepts. "The spirit of competition" wasn't good enough justification for me. I could run, throw, catch, kick, defend, block, slide, etc etc, but had no interest in doing so like I was some trained monkey following command grunts. None of my school coaches were smart enough to provide the logic and reason, they just knew "sport am good" and dragged their knuckles around the yard.

After years of observing various sports, I call it like I see it, and what I see still makes no sense. Boxing has degenerated into bar brawling, and then MMA comes along and it's sanctioned street/gang fighting. That crap's being taught to 8 year olds at the schools around here.
      As a sport, not as everyday schoolboy life.
      wow

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        I did play sports as a kid, however I was not blinded by the "yippee! I'm playing with a ball!" like so many others. I had more questions than got answers for, and was never one for "we do it like this becuz them's the rulez". I wanted logic and reason, not "follow the leader". I didn't get logic and reason, so I didn't get the underlying concepts. "The spirit of competition" wasn't good enough justification for me. I could run, throw, catch, kick, defend, block, slide, etc etc, but had no interest in doing so like I was some trained monkey following command grunts. None of my school coaches were smart enough to provide the logic and reason, they just knew "sport am good" and dragged their knuckles around the yard.

After years of observing various sports, I call it like I see it, and what I see still makes no sense. Boxing has degenerated into bar brawling, and then MMA comes along and it's sanctioned street/gang fighting. That crap's being taught to 8 year olds at the schools around here.
        As a sport, not as everyday schoolboy life.
        well, I , uhhhh,
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

The Sox are in great shape yet they still have to at least once beat the Tiger's two best pitchers. the god damned Sox have pulled this off so far.
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Sox are in good shape here but games 1 and 2 proved the Tigers can play in Fenway. I'd rather be up 3-2 than down but don't have the bad feeling, don't gave he good one either but this series is going to 7 games

Get some run support and they'll be ok
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
            X