Lynch "sucking" in 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynch "sucking" in 2011

Shit man if he "sucks" now, I'd love to "suck" as much as he does! Killer playing if you ask me.

Damn that was fun to watch/listen to.

Thanks for posting that. I hadn't heard anything from him recently, but had heard plenty of people saying that he sucks now.

I'm with you. Killer playing.

Comment

Those people saying that are most likely bedroom players that couldn't polish his boots. Thanks Axe.
      In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

He's the fucking man and anyone who says different doesn't know shit about playing. The whole thing about him losing his chops comes from people who want to see him burn the fret board up all the time. Let me tell you guys something, As a guy with a Masters in Jazz I can tell you when I was young I use to be all about playing so clean and fast that it was insane. I like him could play diatonic triads and chromatic and all kinds of scales with such blinding speed and accuracy that when I was teaching I had to play them at about 10% of my normal speed. Once you've been playing for as long as George (Or myself it'll be 30 years next OCT 8th.) has you start to realize that speed is not about your overall ability and doesn't really help you find your identity as a player. You start to really think about note selection more and not only that you think about phrasing which in my opinion is far more important than speed. Phrasing,legato, note selection and George's vibrato is what makes him so great and he knows it. That's why he's playing the way he's playing now. Trust me guys the burning up the fret board thing gets old after you've been doing it for 10 or 20 years. There's only so far you can take things without changing them up before you get known as a one trick pony and George is no one trick pony. I can still burn up the board and I am sure George can too when he feels like it. He is one of my all time favorites. I love the Screamin Demon as well. Soon I am going to try the new one too I think it's called "The Super V" or something.
        Last edited by leftykingv2; 10-30-2013, 02:40 AM.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

George still has it. He's not always 100% but really no one is that consistent. I have seen some pretty horrible clips of GL but the smokin ones way outweigh the bad ones. The only think I don't like is he likes to overuse delay a lot of the times
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

yeah, that was pretty good!
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

He is definitely in The Zone for this video.

Comment

the more I age, the more I think that speed is simply speed and does not do much for the song, which "for me" (not for anyone else, like what you want, that's the beauty of music) is the most important. I love to watch the van halen on steroids players rip all over the fretboard, it's cool as fuck, but for about 2 minutes and then that's it for me, it gets annoying for me. and for my ears, i'll take the lynch mob over dokken any day of the week. they crush them like an ant, both singers oni logan and the mason guy too.
                Last edited by atomic charvel guy; 10-30-2013, 10:48 AM. Reason: wanted to add
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I love that guy. Fantastic feel, he just squeezes the tone out of that guitar.

Comment

I've been hard on this guy in the past. Mainly, because I've seen some pretty bad clips. There out there, go look! But this is pretty fukin good.....My only complaint is I wish his guitar was a little more upfront in the mix.....
                    -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Love GL's playing. Always have. This video SHOWCASES his awesome chops! But.............that MIGHT be the worst sustaining guitar I've ever heard him use
                      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

im probably in the minority here but i always dug his song/riff writing way more than his leads..
                        GEAR:
                        #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
                        #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
                        #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
                        #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
                        #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
                        AMPS:
                        1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
                        ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

GL is always a pleasure to watch play.
                          He can do all the fancy shredder stuff if he wants but has moved past that as he should.
                          He plays with feeling and emotion thats why he will always be one of my faves.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

He looks so uncomfortable when he's playing. I like him better when I'm just listening.
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                              I like him could play diatonic triads and chromatic and all kinds of scales with such blinding speed and accuracy that when I was teaching I had to play them at about 10% of my normal speed. Once you've been playing for as long as George (Or myself it'll be 30 years next OCT 8th.) has you start to realize that speed is not about your overall ability and doesn't really help you find your identity as a player.
                              Wow, Lefty, I didn't know you started to suck like Lynch as well

"There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
                              X