W7 64-bit + IE11 + JCF = OUCH!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W7 64-bit + IE11 + JCF = OUCH!

Anyone else running the new IE11 64-bit with the JCF? My experience is not good. I ran Windows 7 64-bit with IE10 for a while, and it worked OK except I had the "carriage return issue" in the post windows (you hit the enter key after a block of text and nothing happens). Now, I'm running IE11 and it's worse:

1) About 1 in 5 characters are dropped while typing and have to be re-entered
    2) Pasting text or images into a post window fails most of the time ("paste" is often greyed out from the right click popup for no reason, then suddenly works)
    3) Emoticons never work anymore (they do nothing when clicked)

It's pretty much a mess. Oddly, the carriage return issue is fixed now. I've tried both the 32-bit and 64-bit IE executables. Please don't tell me to install Chrome or some other browser. HAAAAALP!

IE 11 is dogshit. It even breaks OWA 2010, Microsoft's own fucking product.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Two words.... Mozilla Firefox
      In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Go Chrome brosef.

Comment

Firefox all the way. Chrome has never worked properly for me and caused more problems.
          I do run IE 11 for a few sites doing business stuff and its been OK so far.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

IE is OUCH on its own.
            And if you don't want to hear recommendations for other browsers, complaining is pretty much OUCH as well.
            Just get a serious browser. It's that easy...
            tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Originally posted by micha View Post
              And if you don't want to hear recommendations for other browsers, complaining is pretty much OUCH as well.
              Well I was more going for a bug report with details for the mods, but WHATEVAH...

So I'm running Chrome now, fuckers.

Carriage returns look good, copy and paste looks pretty good so far, emoticons working, cool. IE 11 was also unstable with YouTube, so this site wasn't my only issue.

I ran Firefox for a few years and came back to IE with my tail between my legs after it sort of declined and became insecure. IE9 was pretty decent, but IE seems to be in decline as well now. Fuggems. I wasn't aware Chrome had crossed the 50% market share. We'll see how it goes. I run Chrome on my Android, so this isn't a huge leap for me.

Comment

Chrome has been the most secure in my experience and the smoothest running. I don't see a problem with Firefox from a functional viewpoint, I just hate the layout. Jumping from IE to Chrome was intuitive and almost too easy.

Comment

I had the same thing going on. Here's how to fix:

1. While on the webpage, press F10 (that opens the menu)
                  2. Click on tools -> compatibility view settings
                  3. add jcfonline.com

That solved it for me.

Comment

Its not just you, Im on Windows 8 and IE 11, and haven't been able to type correctly on this site in a few weeks. Every few letters wouldnt appear. As of this post, everything is working fine, though I did just do a bunch of updates so Im sure that has something to do with it.
                    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                      Well I was more going for a bug report with details for the mods, but WHATEVAH...
                      Sorry, had a bad day last week. Picking up the "ouch" doesn't read all that funny today for me as well.

It's just, all these jokes people make about the internet explorer probably are there for a reason.
                      http://justalilhype.com/blog/alan/fi...er-670x480.jpg
                      Most people still use it, because it comes with windows, it has always been there...
                      But it's just causing lots of trouble which is simply solved the easiest by switching browsers.
                      I don't know what went wrong with microsoft and their browser...

Congrats for switching anyway.
                      tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Working...
                      X