NGD, No not guitar but gun :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD, No not guitar but gun :)

Actually, its not new but used. Anyway, its an interesting piece. Its a Caspian Arms frame with Colt Delta Elite slide in 10mm. It has several nice features on it which I'll show in the pix below:

Weigand scope mount:

Slide racking piece:

Beveled mag well:

Compensator:

Anyway, I need to pick up some optics/scope for it since it does away with the traditional sights. Once I get that it should be a fun gun to shoot
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

I've been to Warren Ohio before.....That gun should be a lot bigger or fully automatic!
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

That would be an excellent competition pistol. Congrats on the new pistola.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
        I've been to Warren Ohio before.....That gun should be a lot bigger or fully automatic!
        I can always just carry a couple of my Delta Elites

Originally posted by DRM View Post
        That would be an excellent competition pistol. Congrats on the new pistola.
        Thanks! Yes, I'm sure it would make a good competition gun. I'd love to do that but time constraints will probably sqash that My next task is to find suitable optics for it. We have regular gun shows around here so I'm sure I'll come up with something for it soon
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post

Thanks! Yes, I'm sure it would make a good competition gun. I'd love to do that but time constraints will probably sqash that My next task is to find suitable optics for it. We have regular gun shows around here so I'm sure I'll come up with something for it soon
          Yeah I suppose that would do the trick.
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I would strongly recommend the Aimpoint Micro. You can get the R-1 (same as H-1, just a stainless finish) used for great deals on eBay/Gunbroker if you look and they are very rugged. Since your optic won't be directly mounted to the slide, it should definitely hold up, but I still think you should look at the Micro's. If budget is a concern, the Burris FastFire and Vortex SPARC will do just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
              I would strongly recommend the Aimpoint Micro. You can get the R-1 (same as H-1, just a stainless finish) used for great deals on eBay/Gunbroker if you look and they are very rugged. Since your optic won't be directly mounted to the slide, it should definitely hold up, but I still think you should look at the Micro's. If budget is a concern, the Burris FastFire and Vortex SPARC will do just fine.
              Thanks, I will check into all those options. When it comes to optics for firearms it has to be quality over budget. That's not to say there aren't some well made ones reasonably priced but quality to has to rank higher than saving a couple bucks in an item like this rather than buying it twice
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Nice piece!! I look at guns and accessories like I look at a tattoo:

Good ones aren't cheap....and cheap ones aren't good.

-Lou
                " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

I picked up a new one too... The newest generation LCP called the LCP Enhanced. It has much better sights and a better trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post
                    Nice piece!! I look at guns and accessories like I look at a tattoo:

Good ones aren't cheap....and cheap ones aren't good.

-Lou
                    True. Although sometimes I find good deals on some quality used stuff, and occasionally new stuff, at gun shows as well as Online sites But generally speaking yes, you are correct. It's not good to have junk parts fail on a gun when you most need them. The few dollars saved wont be worth it at all in the long run.

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                    I picked up a new one too... The newest generation LCP called the LCP Enhanced. It has much better sights and a better trigger.
                    Congrats. Is this the one you were talking about in another thread after getting the Glock?

BTW DRM, I checked E-Bay and there are two Aimpoint Micro R-1's on there currently and none on Gunbroker. There are however a ton of H-1's on Gunbroker. I'm trying to decide which would look better on that gun, aluminum vs black color. Decisions decisions
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

True. Although sometimes I find good deals on some quality used stuff, and occasionally new stuff, at gun shows as well as Online sites But generally speaking yes, you are correct. It's not good to have junk parts fail on a gun when you most need them. The few dollars saved wont be worth it at all in the long run.

Congrats. Is this the one you were talking about in another thread after getting the Glock?

BTW DRM, I checked E-Bay and there are two Aimpoint Micro R-1's on there currently and none on Gunbroker. There are however a ton of H-1's on Gunbroker. I'm trying to decide which would look better on that gun, aluminum vs black color. Decisions decisions
                      Yea, actually I got one before this one. I picked up a Walther P22 that is very reliable providing I shoot high quality ammo. It likes CCI Mini Mags.

Comment

BTW... what does a gun like that cost if you don't mind me asking? Its awesome.

Comment

BTW... what does a gun like that cost if you don't mind me asking? Its awesome.
                          It depends, what this type of build costs and what I paid for it are 2 different things I bought this one already assembled and someone else therefore took the hit on it price wise. By the time you buy all the little parts and assemble one it would cost several hundred on up to several thousand dollars. Its all in how fancy you want to get and what kind of quality parts you buy. then there is the labor to fit and assemble all the bits and pieces. thats expensive too especially if done by the big names. Anyway, lets just say I paid under $1K for it. Btw, optical sight is on order for it and will likely be the most expensive part of the gun. But as we discussed earlier, you can't put junk sights on this stuff. A Trijicon RMR heading this way for it
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

A Trijicon RMR heading this way for it
                            The adjustable LED model is the shit.

Be careful not to drop it with the RMR...they aren't exactly rugged despite the name. A few guys are running them on Glocks locally and I like the mini red dot concept on handguns. After my next deployment, I'm going to build a custom Glock 34 with the slide milled for a Docter III.

Congrats! I want to see the finished product and a nice, ragged hole of a target.

Comment

Yea, actually I got one before this one. I picked up a Walther P22 that is very reliable providing I shoot high quality ammo. It likes CCI Mini Mags.
                              I bought one of those P22's for my fiance as her first handgun and loved it so much, I picked one up to mount my Gemtech can. It's a great squirrel gun and yes, it absolutely loves Mini Mags.

Comment

Working...
                              X