Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRM View Post
    The adjustable LED model is the shit.

Be careful not to drop it with the RMR...they aren't exactly rugged despite the name. A few guys are running them on Glocks locally and I like the mini red dot concept on handguns. After my next deployment, I'm going to build a custom Glock 34 with the slide milled for a Docter III.

Congrats! I want to see the finished product and a nice, ragged hole of a target.
    I have no plans to drop it although they're supposed to be tough sights. Once it arrives I'll install it and post some updated pix! As a bonus, looks like Trijicon makes a mount to install the RMR on an ACoG equipped AR-15. One of these days I need to get an ACOG for my AR-15.
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
      I have no plans to drop it although they're supposed to be tough sights.
      Murphy's Law and all that fun stuff.

If you have the need for magnification, I would recommend looking at some of the 1-4 or 1-6 variable optics on the market. ACOGs are VERY tough and I've been using one for 5 years at work, but the eye relief absolutely sucks, the BDC reticle is more than likely not going to match your rifle/ammo, and it's fixed magnification.

The Vortex Viper PST 1-4 MRAD is a great choice for a 16" AR. If I had the choice, I would run a 1-4 or 1-6 any day over my issued ACOG.

I've run both the TA01NSN and TA31F. If you absolutely must go ACOG, look at the TA11 series (the 3.5x models). They have a longer eye relief and are more forgiving of cheek weld compared to their 4x32 cousins.

Last edited by DRM; 12-02-2013, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Mine is a 16", yes, but its not a flat top.
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Here are some updated pix since the Trijicon RMR sight and mount arrived! They're cell phone pix so I couldn't really capture the red dot sight but the gun is now ready for use

Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
          X