Garth Brooks Live From Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garth Brooks Live From Vegas

Okay, so lets get this out of the way. I know many of you do not like country. That is okay. I am not talking to you.

There are those of us that love country. I am one of those. My roots run just as deep in country as it does metal. I watched Garth Brooks' live show tonight and it did nothing but confirm what I have been saying about him for a very long time: No matter how famous he became or will become, it is shadowed by his fan-dom.

I think the reason I love him so much is that his musical heroes and preferences are almost identical to mine. This man was at the pinnacle of fame when he got to play with James Taylor......a man who hadn't had a hit song in many years at the time.....and he was as choked up to play with James as I would have been to swap licks with Randy.

Above all, Garth is a true entertainer. He did not just play his songs, he brought the audience into his world. He showed them his life's musical history. I had many laughs and many tears through this show as I seen him bring all of his influences together and show his audience how he became who he was.

If you have ever considered getting into country music, please, do yourself a favor and watch Garth live on DVD or the internet. You will see a man that loves what he is doing and goes out of his way too make sure his fans got every bit of their moneys worth. -Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Right on Lou! Couldn't have said it better. Saw most of it tonight. Great show, and the man has lost nothing. Psycho as ever, boarding possessed at times. Poured his heart and soul with every note. What more could anyone ask from a performer.
    "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

My wife dragged me to one of his shows 2 days before our wedding. I wasn't a big fan going in but really enjoyed the show. He is a great entertainer plus he is one of the last to hold out against I-tunes until they change the way they do business.

Comment

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post
        Okay, so lets get this out of the way. I know many of you do not like country. That is okay. I am not talking to you.
        Point taken. C-ya

Comment

Did Garth Brooks show up or was it "Chris Gaines?"
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
            Did Garth Brooks show up or was it "Chris Gaines?"

LOL! Garth has strong roots in rock n roll, but....that was not his finest moment. I wanted to love that album. I love it when artists show you their history of how they got to be where they are and stretch out beyond the norm. However, that album was horrible. There was not one good song on it. He is a lunatic on stage and its like he was built to entertain. He has the right personality and sense of humor for it. He never takes himself too serious. -Lou
            " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Need to catch this, dug his old concert recordings.
              Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post
                LOL! Garth has strong roots in rock n roll, but....that was not his finest moment. I wanted to love that album. I love it when artists show you their history of how they got to be where they are and stretch out beyond the norm. However, that album was horrible. There was not one good song on it. He is a lunatic on stage and its like he was built to entertain. He has the right personality and sense of humor for it. He never takes himself too serious. -Lou
                +1 Yeah I am not really a country fan but it's better than rap and other electronica garbage and certainly has it's place but when he dropped that "Turd" I really thought he had begun to lose his mind.
                Last edited by leftykingv2; 12-01-2013, 02:03 AM.
                This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Working...
                X