Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Knife Day - Strider SnG

Hey bros,

I've been on a knife kick lately and have picked up a few folders. My most recent purchase is a Strider SnG with an S35V blade and dual "gunner grips". The DGG make it very thin and lightweight and it's been pretty comfortable to carry in a pocket all day long. Strider's have a very tight lock-up and are great for prying and hard labor that most other folders would break doing. I've been using a Strider SMF with a tanto blade as my work/field knife and have split logs, pried open doors, cracked open mortar crates, and even busted a car window with the blade. It's a damn tough knife, but I wanted something smaller to carry every day that I could still use for more than just cutting if the need arose.

So I picked up the SMF's smaller brother, the SnG. It has a 1/2" shorter blade and is roughly a full inch shorter overall. It's less than half the width due to the gunner grips and less than 1/3rd the weight. The blade is still 0.19" thick (a small pry bar, really) and is the super tough S35V steel. The frame is titanium and the scales are G10.

Here's my little family of Striders together. The SnG, SMF, and DB-L.

Here's a shot comparing the blade profile of the SnG to the SMF...

Working...
X