Rush Beyond The Lighted Stage Documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rush Beyond The Lighted Stage Documentary

I haven't really listened to Rush since high school and the Tom Sawyer days but I just watched a rerun of the Beyond the Lighted Stage documentary from 2010.

Really gave me a renewed appreciation for what an incredible consolidation of individual musical masters of their instruments that they really are.

never realized what a shy reclusive guy Neil is when it comes to fans. And all his family tragedy, wow.

If you haven't seen it, check it out for a few minutes.
    Last edited by Larz; 01-09-2014, 10:01 PM.
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

I have it saved on the DVR and I've watched it a couple of times. It gives me a new appreciation for them.
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Neil has a history filled with remarkable highs and lows indeed.
      I read in an interview years ago how he often rides a bicycle from show to show in many parts of the world.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I DVR'd it almost a year ago and I watch it probably once a month. I still want to get the DVD though because there's supposed to be a good amount of extra's in it. I always get a good laugh out of the scene in the restaurant where the waitress is asking Geddy tosign a bunch of stuff and Leifson is pretty much just in her way. Also, when Geddy talks about the other band making fun of the robes and calling him Glee all the time.
        My Toys:
        '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
        '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
        '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
        '94 Dinky HX in Black
        '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Rush - An amazing group of musicians. They are "players players" (if that makes sense) Even those that don't particularly like their music have extreme respect. Ask many bands who the real deal is and the answer will often be Rush. Not to mention, they are all really nice guys.....
          -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Saw that on VH-1 Classic a while back. Definitely a great show. The scene in the restaurant was indeed hilarious. "You want the guitar player's autograph too?" "Not really"

Also liked the part about touring with Nugent. Party Animal King vs the 3 Music Nerds. He's hammered and pulling the chicks and they're backstage hanging out
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

One of the best bands ever! Been a fan of theirs since the 70's and saw them back on the original Moving Pictures tour as well as the more recent Time Machine tour, twice, including the recorded for DVD show in Cleveland. Beyond The Lighted Stage is good stuff!
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

I always end up watching some of it every time I come across it while flipping channels. Great musicians and they seem like good guys. I like when Neil explains that he was a huge Who fan but he wouldn't stalk them. Cool that he doesn't get why people would fawn over him.

Comment

I can see his point on that. Why do people feel a need to have physical contact with a band they like? It's enough to have seen them in person to know that they're real, and I'm sure they've got more than enough friends already, so what makes a "fan" think so highly of themselves that they would seek out that physical contact?
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

IMO - this is the best band documentary I have even seen. Rush is a great band, not my favourite but I really enjoyed how open the Band was about their lives and careers. Must see for everyone.

Comment

I agree, one of the best documentaries I've ever seen.

Just a casual (greatest hits type) Rush fan but I watched the whole two hours or however long it was easily.
                      Jackson KV2
                      Jackson KE1T
                      Jackson KE1F
                      Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                        I can see his point on that. Why do people feel a need to have physical contact with a band they like? It's enough to have seen them in person to know that they're real, and I'm sure they've got more than enough friends already, so what makes a "fan" think so highly of themselves that they would seek out that physical contact?
                        It is peculiar, got to post it on Facebook I guess

Now some bands are charging $200-$300 for the experience
                        Jackson KV2
                        Jackson KE1T
                        Jackson KE1F
                        Jackson SL1

Comment

I have watched it through several times now, I've been a big fan of Rush since I was a kid and thought this doc was too cool. Sam Dunn who did the film has some other really cool stuff, too - Metal - A Headbanger's Journey, the Metal Evolution series, Maiden Flight 666, and he has a new one coming out soon that I want to check out called "Satan".

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                            I totally agree. I never understood it, either. I wouldn't pay a dime more for a guitar just because someone famous touched or owned it (except to resell it to some gullible tool).
                            Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

WE ARE THE PRIEST!!!

sigpic
                              Action Jackson

Comment

Working...
                              X