Vocaloid - Interesting Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vocaloid - Interesting Technology

Who needs a vocalist ? Yamaha has developed a technology called "Vocaloid" that is basically a vocals synthesizer. I'll never be able to explain it so read this:

Don't know if this has caught on in the USA yet but it's big in Japan. Here's some examples of vocaloid by a Japanese artist/producer/musican named Yuyoyuppe. This guy apparently is one the brains behind BabyMetal.

The vocals are Japanese female in vocaloid:

15 Yuyoyuppe's epic works straight from my music library. Yuyoyuppe's a genius and brilliant producer, and always will be my favorite. =DSongs in order:0:00 ...

Roland has been doing something similar since --- I would say '98.
    Difference being - back then, you needed to speak the words. I could sit there and in my manliest of manliest voice, simply speak the words 'If ya liked it ya shoulda put a ring on it', and it could come out like a chick, or a group of chicks. Melody. Pitch. Harmony.
    Not just a pitch shifter that would make you sound like the Chipmunks, but actual female voices. Also had a male and a kid.

No, I don't have any recordings of me doing it. And the ones that I used to have were on cassette.
    Ahh, memories. I did a hilarious parody of Sinatra's My Way with the kid voice. I did it my mommy's way.

Sorry, dealing with the piano side of things -- I consider Yamaha the musical equivalent of Apple. Lackluster products, behind the times in most aspects, claiming to invent something that's been around for years... but marketing geniuses

Comment

Working...
    X