A few pics of a nice conceal/carry weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Razor View Post
    ZL1hawk, if you look at other handguns down the road take a look at Springfield Armory. They make some great handguns, and their customer service is second to none. I've even had their shop do work for me in the past on my Colt 1911's, and have always been pleased with their pricing, customer service, and turnaround time. They're a great company with great products.

For an economy 1911, it's hard to beat a Taurus PT1911. I've had a BUNCH of 1911's, even some semi-custom ones, and the PT1911 I used to own ran with the best of them. If a guy hadn't wanted to trade me a WASR 10/63 AK47 for it I would still have it. I just couldn't pass that trade up.
    The PT1911 is indeed really nice but its hardly a CCW!!! Unless of course you are John Wayne. I don't see any conceal in that one... unless its winter and you have a large coat on. To me.. a CCW is a weapon that you can actually conceal.

Comment

When I want to slim down to something smaller, a little more manageable, I carry these

Comment

Gen 2 Glock 19 and a spare G 17 mag
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

straycat,

If Glock would just go back to the Gen 2 grip with the Gen 3 rail, they wouldn't be able to make enough to keep in stores. The finger grooves are the first thing to go when I pick up a Glock and I genuinely miss my Gen 2 17.

Comment

Congrats ZL1Hawk, SIg makes nice stuff. I know Glocks are reliable too but I'll take a Sig over Glock any day. Although I don't have a P938, mine are Sig P226's. Anyway, I have yet to find anything more comfortable for concealed carry than a Walther PPK. Yes, its a .380 and not 9mm or bigger but some of the guns that are claimed to be easy to conceal make me think I might as well carry a full size P226, 1911, or Beretta 92FS
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

I put a couple of clips through a Sig P226 when I was in Vegas a couple years back. For somebody who's only previous pistol experience was with high end air pistols I found it easier to handle than expected and actually was far more accurate than I thought I would be. I also did a few clips through an MP5 at the same time and did far less well with it, but due to the nature of the business (The Gun Store) and number of rounds that have probably been through it, I'm sure it was pretty clapped out.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                  I put a couple of clips through a Sig P226 when I was in Vegas a couple years back. For somebody who's only previous pistol experience was with high end air pistols I found it easier to handle than expected and actually was far more accurate than I thought I would be. I also did a few clips through an MP5 at the same time and did far less well with it, but due to the nature of the business (The Gun Store) and number of rounds that have probably been through it, I'm sure it was pretty clapped out.
                  The Sig P226 just feels great in your hand. One of my P226's is the SAO model, single action only. All the trigger pulls are consistent instead of double action first although Sig is known for having even a great first pull double action. I ended up mounting a Viridian green laser/tactical light on its rail
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

My old carry gun was a Sig 239 so I love Sig's too.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I dig the Navy version of the P226. Might have to get one.

Comment

I just can't shoot the P-series Sigs because of the location of the slide stop. I can appreciate what they are, but my shooting grip and my old P220 didn't mix.

Comment

It is a bit easier hitting the slide stop on the P220 than the P226. I always thought the P226 was a bit too bulky for me, much like the 92FS.
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                            It is a bit easier hitting the slide stop on the P220 than the P226. I always thought the P226 was a bit too bulky for me, much like the 92FS.
                            The Beretta 92FS and Sig P226 are a couple of my favorites. I do have the Navy version of the P226 as well. In fact mine has the factory threaded barrel too Sig should make a Navy SAO version next. Many people find they hit the slide release on the Sig like DRM ran into, you can see it in Youtube videos where it appears that the slide failed to lock back after the last round when in reality the shooter just accidentally released it.
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Kyle Defoor advocates resting your firing hand thumb slightly over your support hand wrist to mitigate problems with failure to lock the slide.

Comment

Working...
                              X