My 43rd birthday present - 1968 Camaro 327 4 speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 43rd birthday present - 1968 Camaro 327 4 speed

Just got this a few weeks ago, and have been really enjoying our last warm days of the year. My first car at 16 was a '69 Camaro Coupe, and very recently my wife finally said yes to me getting a car again. I decided on a '68. I have always loved this year. I love all three 1st gen years, but I searched out a '68. I came across this one and it was a great deal. Numbers matching L30/M20 Coupe. Enough original to have good value, but not enough to make me stick to original paint or interior color. Super clean, and very unmolested. I have tons of plans, but not much needs to be done. This first winter I will be doing a suspension upgrade, adding power steering, and maybe power brakes. Next year I will pull the engine and trans and look at that. Its amazing how the smell from just getting inside this can take me back to being a teenager again. They seriously smell the same.

"I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

I still don't know how old I am. It was my 44th birthday present. What a dumb ass!
    "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

That's f'n sweet! Happy bday!

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
        I still don't know how old I am. It was my 44th birthday present. What a dumb ass!
        I turned 43 in July, so maybe it's a gift for me? Happy birthday, and congrats!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That's nice man, my buddy has a 67 with a healthy 468 BBC, thing shakes the earth. I'll post some pics of it. I went through my hotrod phase, left that and got into old Jeeps.
          \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Thanks guys. From the time my wife said "why don't you just go ahead and get one" and the time I said "hey I found one" was about 5 days. I wasted no time. I had been on the look out pretty steady, and was ready to go! I am the fourth owner of this one. The last owner only had it for a year and bought it at the Mecum auction in Chicago.

Yeah Joe, I don't know what I was thinking. 43, 44 hell I can't even remember what I had for lunch, and if you ever make it to Milwaukee for Summerfest we shall tear it up in style!

Comment

Dude that car fuggin Rocks!!! I bought my dream car 10 years ago, FFR Cobra, and put 1200 miles on it. I didn't buy it to drive. It was just a goal really. I always wanted a Cobra or a Viper. Hooked up with a dude that actually making it scream. I almost lost my ass about a month ago. I spun the fucker out in HEAVY traffic. Not a scratch, and it seemed to amuse alot of folks. I didn't mean too..just trying it out. Well..it works good. Too good.

I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I only drive like Steve McQueen when by myself. If I kill myself like that's cool. I'll go in a blaze of glory like Vanishing Point...

That's perfect. I love the color..it looks like new. Good for you man!!! That's a sweet ride!!..and happy birthday!! I'm sorry 'bout the wife tho. Yeah..I have one of those too. She's OK...godamn Succubilly!

Love,

Billy
              Last edited by horns666; 10-17-2015, 01:58 AM.
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I keep forgetting how old I am past 50. Asshole people say.."Age is just a number". Then I ask their number and they suddenly STFU! People with their euphemisms!!

Sometimes I'll slip and say God Bless You if someone sneezes. They always say Thank You. I say don't thank me..it was just a figure of speech.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That is a very sweet looking car - I know fuck all squared about classic american metal, but I know what i think looks cool, and that's it!
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Congrats! Great looking ride. Enjoy it and happy B-Day!

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
                      Yeah Joe, I don't know what I was thinking. 43, 44 hell I can't even remember what I had for lunch, and if you ever make it to Milwaukee for Summerfest we shall tear it up in style!
                      I can't remember what I ate for lunch, either. And half the time I have to think about how old I am, as well. But I can remember most things from when I was a kid, go figure.
                      And I'd love to take you up on that summerfest if I ever can make it out there!
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Very nice looking car! Color combo is bad ass!
                        Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

Totally friggin' awesome!!! I love the old school color! A '68 Camaro is my dream car. I had an '87 IROC, and a '92 25th Anniversary Z28, but my mid-life crisis car will have to be a '68! Congratulations!!!

Comment

Vroom vroom! Grats!
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Ahh..found a peecture of my baby...the yellow Peep!!

That's when my beard was a baby....holy shit!

Vee MAGICK..that's my place..my wife looking out the window. Inside the house. she was not too thrilled with this! My wife much hotter than her anywhooo..

See..our wives do love us. We're stupid and awesome!

I'd think my dad whould love it too!! Yes...the girl..damn you

Comment

Working...
                              X