• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P David Bowie

David Bowie dies of cancer aged 69

Another legend gone.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35278872

He was truly one of a kind. R.I.P. Major Tom!
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Such a cool dude with amazingly creative and innovative music.
      Jackson KV2
      Jackson KE1T
      Jackson KE1F
      Jackson SL1

Comment

Yet another of the musical heroes of our youth passes. Rock and roll is dying, quite literally.

RIP.

Comment

Bowie was the rare thing, he was cool with everyone. He was a rare talent. I was super excited for Blackstar last week and I was hoping to take the wife to see him because she never has. I had a hope he might do a limited tour. I had no idea he was this sick. I'm glad we got a swan song. I was hoping he could reprise his role in twin peaks. It's bittersweet because I can't say he didn't leave enough he left us plenty. As an actor he is underrated too he did an amazing job portraying Warhol and Tesla.
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Starman
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Major Toms a Junkie

Comment

Such a rare talent indeed.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'm just bummed out big time...such a creative talent. RIP
                  My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

When Bowie toured with NIN people started leaving when they realized Trent wasn't coming back onstage. I really was just disgusted. Trent Reznor doesn't exist without Bowie. Damn kids!!!!

Comment

Bowie was great, I never saw him live but I like a lot of his music. Rip man
                      \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

I've watched the Lazarus video 10 times today. Haunting. Only Bowie can make dying so artistic and cool. He gives his fans a parting album chronicling his death and his struggles and it is beautiful art. I saw the video last week and really thought it was a good Bowie video, liked the song was excited for the album. Listened to it on Friday but damn this has way different meaning today. I have never seen anything as haunting as that video. I am a fanboy so take it with a grain of salt. I also think having Stevie and Lindsey scream go your own way at each other was an amazing visceral moment in rock. Back to Bowie Hearts Filthy Lesson was my favorite video forever mainly because MTV banned it! Lazarus has topped it.

Comment

Not a single song of him was played on the radio here
                          Probably because he's been a persona non-grata of the Record companies for quite a while
                          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
                          X