Home gyms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home gyms?

Anybody else put one together? Mostly looking for ideas to bounce off of each other.

Mine is pretty straight forward. A decent amount of this was acquired on CL when I was still at Bragg. I was debating on joining a few local gyms when I moved, but none of them had what I was looking for, and because of my general disdain for crossfit, I wanted to stay as far away as possible from one of those places.

Here's mine. Heavy bag is still in the works, as is a tractor tire. The sandbags are 60lbs and 85lbs respectively.

those weights will cut you up quick DRM, but i live for the gym, there's too much to cash in on there, and that goes from
    lifting to cardio to the scenery too! my gym is pretty fuckin sick! oddly, i dont think id be motivated to workout at home.
    i need the competition at the gym to inspire me to get better. it just works for me that way. does that bench adjust so you can do incline and decline?
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Right on, I totally get it about the gym atmosphere. The inner alpha male in all of us can definitely make the atmosphere of a gym a training aid if you're looking for competitiveness and inner drive

Plus, there's the gym bunnies...

Comment

you'd completely kook out if you went to my gym, its a sight to behold. yes the alpha does come out, that is a bingo sir

Comment

crossfit in my opinion is not good for you whatsoever. 3 friends of mine have all gone down to injury because of that silly ass stuff

Comment

watch this its hilarious
            Advertiser: SubwayAd Url: http://www.subway.comNo Copyright IntendedUploaded For Informational Purposes OnlyFor Immediate Removal Email [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
              crossfit in my opinion is not good for you whatsoever. 3 friends of mine have all gone down to injury because of that silly ass stuff
              I do not in any way recommend Crossfit. There is rarely an emphasis on preservation or actual performance in the workouts programmed. Some of the gyms are better than others in this respect, but it comes down to who is making the workouts. But when you combine the fact that most are $100/mo (or more) and the majority of the workouts are some list of arbitrary bullshit, it's not hard to see why it's considered the American Karate of workout programs.

Comment

going at top end while switching up 12 different kinds of exercises on the fly has taken out many people to injury, i hate that crap

Comment

and its not cheap you're right! pricey as fuck out here

Comment

another thing that cracks me up is all the cycling workout shops opening up. yeah, pay $120.00 a month to ride a bicycle indoors when you have the fuckin beach to ride along, its so silly haa haa!

Comment

I follow many of the training principles of Mark Twight and Mike Gittleson, but the overarching program I follow was the brain child of a man named Pat McNamara and is called Combat Strength Training. You can check it out here:

His Instagram is here...

626K Followers, 357 Following, 1,632 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Pat McNamara (@tmacsinc)

He's a great guy and an absolute badass in every way possible. If anyone is looking for professional firearms training, he should be high on your short list of who to seek training from.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                        going at top end while switching up 12 different kinds of exercises on the fly has taken out many people to injury, i hate that crap
                        Combine high reps of complex Oly lifts with weight that MANY people have no business even looking at with poor technique and you're fast tracking for herniated discs and/or a torn meniscus.

My workout this morning was simple. Today was a strength circuit (5x5 of each) and went like this:

Deadlift (135, 185, 225, 275, 315)
                        Atlas stone OHP (mine is 75#)
                        100' sled push/pull (45, 90, 135, 180, 205)
                        15 yard overhead lunges (25# DBs)
                        Weighted dips (25, 35, 45, 55, 55)

All are in a circuit, take the DLs and OHPs as slow as necessary. I don't pound out Oly lifts.

Ended with a 400 yard farmer's walk with the 50# DBs and a core circuit of:

4 rounds:
                        10 x toes-to-bar
                        10 x russian twists (25# DB)
                        5 x 5 second ab wheel rolls
                        :30 front plank

Comment

yesterday i smashed through 6 chest exercises and then 4 tricep ones. mondays i take off. tomoorow is heavy shoulders.
                          wed. back and arms, thursday chest and tris , friday legs and light shoulders
                          sat and sun all back and arms, chest and tris on sun. mix in some cardio 2 to 3 times a week.
                          im pretty fuckin ripped right now, i gotta say it feels great. gonna be 51 years old on sunday, thats not cool haa haa!!

gonna watch that combat training a little later, you have to change up your workouts and throw curveballs at your body for results.
                          ive been locked into the same routine for a few months now. time for a change
                          Last edited by atomic charvel guy; 01-25-2016, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Cross fit is crazy dangerous. Good theory but the practice is awful. I am with Tommy though I need the gym. I need the aggression and competition. There was a time when I was running a lot of unmentionables through my body and I had to be in the gym and seen or I would wither inside and die. Im much better today!
                            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I do have a home gym though too. Wedged around my studio lol. DRM you have a solid setup this all you need.
                              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                              X