Fan frets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan frets

Don't know if this has been covered or not as I've not been on here in like 2 years apparently. What's the deal? I see a lot of new model of specialty builders doing these and really don't get the idea. Especially that almost every offering has tilted pickups too. Is this the new buzz feiten rage or what? Was it g l that also had those weird double 90 degree frets? Is that what this fan fret thing is?
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Well its really called a multi-scale guitar, as every string has a different scale length. This allows higher tension on the lower strings so they dont get all floppy with lower tunings. It mainly seems for lower tunings, but Ive been dying to try one, then look really comfortable!
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

It's just another way to make an Extended Range Guitar. Like Rob said, it helps keep string tensions somewhat consistent. 25.5" is too short for the lower strings, 29" is just a bit too long.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Exactly it is for specific purpose not supposed to replace traditional guitars.
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.
          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I played the Carvin ones at NAMM. Not bad. Not a huge difference in feel from a traditional guitar. The Ormsby guitars felt a bit more different but still comfortable. Takes a few minutes to get used to.

Comment

Originally posted by Venomboy View Post
              I played the Carvin ones at NAMM. Not bad. Not a huge difference in feel from a traditional guitar. The Ormsby guitars felt a bit more different but still comfortable. Takes a few minutes to get used to.
              Yep! I told people that came by to start around the parallel fret - the 9th fret for the Ormsbys, work your way outward, and don't look down!
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
              X