Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the longest period of time you've owned one guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought an Ibanez RG 570 about 13 years ago that I intend to have until I'm dead. It's the second guitar I've ever owned and I'd say my first real guitar. It's by far my most played and it has sentimental value to me after having it this long.

Comment

I got this Ibanez new in 1987. I still have it. It is still pretty close to mint. 29 years!!!!

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Cool. I didn't know the s series went back that far.
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

'94 Dinky HX that I bought new around '94 or '95.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20140208_131858_zps8faf029b.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	2448110

2001 or 2002 Carvin SC90 that I bought from their in-stock section in '02, I believe.

Name:	Classicwhite.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	2448111
          I swapped out the pups for DiMarzio Super D and Super 2, and the coil split switches now have an extra volume and tone in their place, and the toggle switch is a DiMarzio "Petrucci" switch so I can get the two inner coils on while in the middle position.

Name:	SC.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	2448112

And 2006 Bourbon Burst Mark Morton Dominion (first year production with painted neck). Added a Gibson TP-6 tailpiece to it.

Name:	m4.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	2448113
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
            Cool. I didn't know the s series went back that far.
            Yeah! the S series debuted the same year as the RG. This is from the Ibanez wiki:

"The Ibanez Saber (S) series was introduced for the 1987 model year, around the same time as the Ibanez RG. At the time it was introduced, it was known for its sleek, contoured mahogany body as well as its Wizard profile maple neck, the slimmest on the market at the time. These first models used an "HSS" pickup configuration with an IBZ/USA humbucker at the bridge and two IBZ/USA hum-canceling single coils in the neck and middle positions or "HH" with humbuckers at both neck and bridge slots. Originally the pickups were selected via individual mini switches, but at some point in the 1988 model year Ibanez replaced them with a 5-way blade switch. Like many Ibanez guitars of this era, the Sabers were equipped with a double locking Edge tremolo system, licensed under Floyd Rose patents. At the time there were two production lines for the S model: one at the Fujigen plant in Japan and one in the USA at Bensalem, Pennsylvania which assembled the guitars from parts made in Japan.[citation needed] In the USA S models, they installed a counter-tension system called the Backstop in the springs cavity, a device that helped keep the guitar in tune after a string-break or during double stops, although the action of the tremolo was stiffer. The Backstop was halted in 1988 as players preferred a more free and smooth tremolo feeling."

Mine has a backstop system and it is awesome!!!!!! Overall, it has the most versatile sound of any guitar I own. With the on/off switches and the push/pull to split the humbucker it can get all sorts of bad-ass sounds.
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I've had my model 2 since 1989.
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                '94 Dinky HX that I bought new around '94 or '95.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]8641[/ATTACH]

I want one so bad...
                sigpic
                Action Jackson

Comment

It's a nice player, I just don't care that much any more for the thin neck.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X