Lamb of God/Anthrax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamb of God/Anthrax

Saw this last night. I have to say Anthrax still sound great.

Lamb of God well it was long overdue I have never seen them. Damn they are good. Real clock work on stage. Randy is a great frontman.

Rock has been dying in front of our eyes but damn metal is geriatric! There were Four people with canes in the pit for caught in a mosh.

The other cool thing was the diversity of the crowd. It was by no means a sausage fest and there was a lot of youth there that wasn't just into LoG but also anthrax.
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Lamb of God fucking kill live. Saw them in Virginia Beach and it was without a doubt the best metal show I've ever been to.

Comment

I saw the LoG/Anthrax show on Tuesday with my wife. What an awesome show! I've seen LoG once before, and they definitely don't disappoint.
      Saw Anthrax a few years back for the tour of their last album, also great. New Anthrax will be out in a couple weeks, can't wait to see them on their own headlining tour again soon! Joey's voice is still really good.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I saw LoG at Copenhell some years ago. One of the best concerts I've ever been to, no doubt. It was great.

Comment

Toe jam Joey really impressed me. I also like seeing these guys bring a ton of energy still after all these years and even as an opening act.

I will definitely see LoG again they were super tight. That is what impresses me the most is how tight they are it's not easy.

Comment

I loved their last album, and so did my wife. My wife has never been a huge Anthrax fan, but she commented how great Joey sounded last time we saw them and also this time.

Comment

worked out a little while ago that I've seen LoG live more than any other band. Between seeing them at Soundwave festival a couple of times and at their own shows a few, I think I've seen them 5 or 6 times. They have been tight as a drum every time. They are the band that got me into death vox. Those riffs are undeniable & I just had to learn to get over Randy's growl. Now I love it.

One of last times I saw them they had Devil Driver and Shadows Fall open for them. DD were playing, good crowd and I wasn't feeling it at all. Starting to think maybe I'm getting a bit old for this shit now. Shadows Fall came on, played a great set, enjoying the music but still feeling my age. Then Lamb of God came on. Game over. I'm in the pit.

Have only seen Anthrax twice, once at a headlining show and again doing 45 minutes at Soundwave. First time I saw them, Killswitch Engage & Soilwork opened for them. What a great night. All bands played great. Anthrax felt a bit old school after the openers (particularly as a lot of the kids dropped out of the pit and the Old Grey Farts pressed forward) but they still put on a great fun show. Benante was a beast. I hadn't heard Rob Caggiano play with them at that stage but he was very good
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Speaking of Shadows Fall, I saw them once, and they were incredible! They seem to be broken up at the moment, and Jon Donais is now playing lead in Anthrax. I liked Rob Caggiano a lot, but I think Jon fits in the band better.

Comment

Randy does the vocal style a lot of justice because he is reasonably articulate. Just a good frontman

I never really got into shadows fall. I owned the war within but never really gave them a fair listen honestly.

Comment

Not to derail the topic here but I'd love to see two bands like this at the same show and they cover each other instead.
                    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Twit h that is a great idea. Not sure who would be ideal to pull it off though. Joey couldn't handle Randy's vocals in this case.

Comment

Working...
                      X