No announcement yet.

In the market for a 7.62x39 tactical rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had an Arsenal years ago that was very basic but nice. Great SHTF gun for sure. If I had one of those AK pistols, I'd be tempted to put a buttstock on it.

I love the AKs myself, but am more into full-power HK type of rifles these days. Besides the AKs, Sig makes a 7.62x39mm carbine, as does PTR. Those are neither AR or AK.

Comment

After further research, I'm sort of out of the AK pistol idea. If making an SBR legally didn't require an act of Congress I would be all over it. But for now, I think an under-folder is the way to go.
      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

I never understood the fuss ATF makes about such things. Meanwhile, I wonder how many SBRs they "walked over" to the Mexican drug cartels?

Comment

I have a side folder Cugir Romanian WASR 10/63 and it's a helluva solid AK variant. Definitely one of my SHTF weapons, and it has better than normal AK accuracy too. In 7.62x39 I just couldn't recommend anything other than an AK variant.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
            I have a side folder Cugir Romanian WASR 10/63 and it's a helluva solid AK variant. Definitely one of my SHTF weapons, and it has better than normal AK accuracy too. In 7.62x39 I just couldn't recommend anything other than an AK variant.

Looks good. I'm debating between a side folder and an underfolder.

Comment

Side folder is if you plan to ever actually shoot it.

Under folder if you want to get your Muhj on.

Comment

So is CQB a concern here? Or just being different than status quo?
                Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                  So is CQB a concern here? Or just being different than status quo?
                  Not really. I see a handgun as the best CQB weapon. Compactness is a factor and that's why I considered an AK pistol. I think a folding stock is a better plan, though, in case any real accuracy is needed.

Comment

The side folder to me is the way to go. Best of both worlds. The underfolders are cool looking, but generally make it less comfortable to shoot.

Comment

Working...
                    X