Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading out to the Cathedral of Speed

Well, time to hopefully not put my new tracksuit out to the test

There's a yearly day at the TT track of Assen called the "Racing day" with a weekend filled with various races and demonstrations (bikes, carts, cars)
    That I've been attending for the past 10 years (hey, it's free )
    put my my vacation after the end of that weekend and planned 2 trackdays, first without instructions, second a course

Apart from the weather that could go wrong, my bike is vibrating under braking, sweating fluids and has a rattling camshaft chain tensioner
    ..this is gonna be fun

"There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

"If you see me ridin' by, Do not stop me do not try.
    Cause I'm a Motorcycle Maaaa-aaan" etc etc.

I bet that tarmac was lovely and sticky, I hope you had a great day.
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

dude. Looks like an awesome day out
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Beautiful. The chicane at assen is pure art when a stream of bikes go thru it.
        Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Well ended day 1 on a high
          Bike held up great, the old beasty didn't disappoint
          Mirrors and licenseplate off and she still was the superbike they advertised her as
          10 years and 50k miles ago

Got pretty lucky with the weather
          1 session on a wet track and one session with the last 2 laps in a drizzle
          Gotta admit my amateurism left me pretty exhausted, but technique is someting I hope to address tomorrow with an instructor to assist
          Alas, the report for that day's weather is Bad
          But we'll see how things go then

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

And wet it turned out to be

Luckily I was running on street/sport tires while some were on street/race and were slipping all over the track
            Didn't prevent me from getting the best workout my sphincter ever had, keeping my buttcheeks clenched together everytime I rolled on the power
            and there was no discussion about lean angles, without dedicated track rain tires, there simply wasn't the possibility
            Had forgotten my anti-fog screen, so that didn't help either when the right side of the visor starts steaming up,.. in a right hand corner

4th heat was half with marshall and half free ride, but conditions deteriorated to the point I lost faith in the grip my bike had, that I
            decided to start the 5th (last) session's warm up laps, and if it was as bad or worse, would go in, I headed for the paddock after the first of these
            Rather lose a few already spent bucks than my bike

but all in all it was a great experience, I did manage to get my lines better, and still amazed at the amount of braking power that's possible, even in the wet
            and the fact of having a marshall set the pace the first 3 heats, kept me (and most) keeping the rubber side down
            If I had went out in these weather conditions 2 days earlier without a marshall, I'd probably went home without being able to do the 2nd day, and without a bike
            To put it in perspective: Tuesday, my best avg speed was 107km/h one lap around Assen, not once had the idea of losing grip
            On thursday, already gotten used to the layout, and with instructions, my best avg speed was 94km/h and that reaaallly wasn't fun having the rear tire break out on several occasions

Pics from last Thursday

...and here 2 pics from the tuesday before

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
            X