Christopher Amott
    Chris Poland
    etc...
    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

I gotta add Dime to this list

Comment

Eric Peterson and Alex Skolnick.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Spoono Gettinsnort
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Eric Peterson and Alex Skolnick.
            I was so close to editing just for Alex Skolnick. Was shocked he hadn't been mentioned.
            I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

I see some excellent contributions. Allow me to add: Mathias Jabs, Tommy Victor, Harry Cody.

Comment

Originally posted by TKEblue View Post
                I was so close to editing just for Alex Skolnick. Was shocked he hadn't been mentioned.
                I've been listening to the new Testament CD a lot lately!

Alex is a monster, one of the best out there who can play any style.
                Eric is no slouch, either, and can play some damn fine solos when he wants to, and he's probably my favorite rhythm player, definitely up there with Mustaine, Hetfield and Ian.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
                  Jason Becker
                  Chuck Schuldiner
                  Christopher Amott
                  Chris Poland
                  etc...
                  Quality list right there man
                  Jacksons haven't failed me so far

Comment

I've been listening to the new Testament CD a lot lately!

Alex is a monster, one of the best out there who can play any style.
                    Eric is no slouch, either, and can play some damn fine solos when he wants to, and he's probably my favorite rhythm player, definitely up there with Mustaine, Hetfield and Ian.
                    I didn't know they had a new album, but just finished it one time through.

My favorites were Seven Seals and Born in a Rut. Really liked several others but those two were awesome imo. The opening part to Born in a Rut is great and there are several other really cool riffs.

I have so many similar riffs to what's on that album, he plays it better, but I feel like we have a very similar style.
                    I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Most of the above and Cristophe Godin

Comment

Originally posted by TKEblue View Post
                        I didn't know they had a new album, but just finished it one time through.

My favorites were Seven Seals and Born in a Rut. Really liked several others but those two were awesome imo. The opening part to Born in a Rut is great and there are several other really cool riffs.

I have so many similar riffs to what's on that album, he plays it better, but I feel like we have a very similar style.
                        It came out in October. Eric pretty much wrote all the music for this album. Killer stuff.

I've really been getting into Neptune's Spear, and my favorite is The Number Game; especially the riff 25 seconds in after the intro... holy shit!

The album is pretty much a concept about aliens and religion and an ancient secret society.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                          Jesus Christ! I totally forgot Jake E Lee & Adrian Smith!
                          Holy crap, me too! Adrian is one of my faves.

I'm gonna add Per Nilsson from Scar Symmetry too. Totally forgot him and he is a beast.

Singer Tom Englund is a pretty awesome player, also!
                          He is. I love the trade off between them

I had to laugh when his GW Bet You Can't Play This was way better than Dragonforce dude Herman Li's. "Just" the singer from Evergrey executed better & played way tighter than the flavour of the month nintendo metal shredder at the time

It just occurred to me that no one has mentioned Michael Romeo. Didn't you take lessons with him, Joe?
                          Last edited by VitaminG; 05-13-2017, 10:07 AM.
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Yes, I did take lessons from Mike Romeo around '87. He was an awesome player even then. I'm still not 1/4 as good.

Comment

Yes, I did take lessons from Mike Romeo around '87. He was an awesome player even then. I'm still not 1/4 as good.
                              Holy shit how did that happen?
                              Jacksons haven't failed me so far

Comment

We were from the same town. He gave lessons in a local shop, but the owner was this asshole chick and Mike told me he'd give me lessons out of my house or his house. Sometimes he'd come to me or I'd go to his place.

Comment

Working...
                                X