Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where have the senses of humor gone

Got in trouble at work.
    The past two days, I've had my phone queued up to play the 1st 40 seconds of Van Halen's where have all the good times gone. I played it everytime I entered a room like it is my theme music. Boss didn't care for it.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

He knows you've worked with bombs, right?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

So did he lol
      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm fortunate where I work. We give each other hell, and raise hell on a daily basis. We even have customer who have known us for years who get in on the hell giving.

Most people now days are too high strung, but there are still some people and places that still have a sense of humor.

Comment

my office is a snakepit of cursing and insults, and trying to one up your fellows, best place ive ever worked in my life.
            it's the concrete industry so there's no softies around with precious feelings to get hurt or offended, its god damned perfect.
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I work in a warehouse, and (mostly) with blue collar guys, the blasphemies and genitals fly around often enough, PC correct goes out the window more often than not (Never in a hateful way I must add)

But there are also the recurring quips between colleagues:

"Have a nice weekend!"
              "Nightbat, I hope I don't see you anymore"
              "You better not, because if you do, I'll run you over"

or:
              (out of the blue)
              "Hey [colleague]"
              "Yeah?"
              "Wanna give me a blowjob for a Bounty? (candybar)"

Or when some explanation isn't clear:
              "I don't understand"
              "Well, it's very simple,... You see: when a man and a woman love each other very much........"

Or:
              "What's this?" (colleague holding something/reading something, to inquire the meaning of it)
              "That's a piece of paper/monitor/scanner/cardboard box"

One of the better ones that fell out of the sky, was with my female colleague and my manager sorting out water damaged boxes
              "[Name female colleague] Watch out!!!! That's a very wet box you,... have ...in your hands..... "
              My Manager (with a bigass smile on his face): "Mr. Bat, If you would be so kind to follow me to our HRM department concerning some claims of Sexual Harassment?"

Or with our new production planner, asking me:
              "How's your German?"
              "Well, I know a few Jewish jokes"

So I luckily work where the PC police hasn't killed our fun yet

If go one floor up, we better pipe down, since that contains the educated personnel (most of who don't get jokes anyway)
              But I always laugh when I hear about our now retired CEO, really down to earth guy, who for example, when discussing a product with R&D
              would be asking questions on durability with things like "Ok,.. but how does it hold up when I accidentally sit on it with my big ass?"
              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
              X