2017-18 NHL thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017-18 NHL thread

Going to be a brutal season. Judging from pre season, if you sneeze on someone, its 2 minutes. Actually touch the other player? 5 for interference. Theyve taken out pretty much everything that makes hockey a gladiator sport in the last few years. Tonight, in 2 games, i saw 15 "penalties". If this continues, youve lost a fan, no hit league. Ill watch my hawks, but not religiously. Just make the rules the same as college, then. Cages, no fighting, and no hitting.
    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Hello! I'm sorry to bother you , but I'd like to steal the puck and head back the other way...mmMmMmm-K ?

Hoping my Sabres do well this year! I'm gonna miss the roughness in hockey but we've always got YouTube and RJ Umberger getting destroyed by Campbell ...makes me think they are making it a more female friendly environment ..before she gets in the league.
    \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

5 minutes interference for making contact? You're kidding?
      I watched hockey religiously for close to 35 years. A few years ago they changed my hockey channel to a digital format, meaning my 20 year old TV wouldn't get reception. Haven't seen a game in 5+ years. Sounds like it wouldn't be my kind of hockey anyways.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I never pay attention to pre-season, but hearing this certainly puts a damper on my excitement

Comment

i dont need to watch anymore, i already know whats gonna happen, the Rangers are gonna bend me over without the decency of letting me use any astroglide before they jam it in, Sidney douchebag will remain the most hateable asshole and keep winning,
          and the NHL will continue to be slowly turned into badminton, im debating if im gonna follow it or not, ive already dropped the NBA long ago, i havent watched the NFL for 3 seasons now, playoffs not included, and im all the better for it, but i still keep an eye on my yanlkees but am not emotionally over the top invested anymore, its fuckin stupid
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I don't care for the clutching, hooking, grabbing and slashing. I totally dig the hitting though. Yes, Crosby should have been suspended a game or two last year for his slash on Methot. Then again, when you're a bigger guy making a run and taking liberties with a smaller guy then if you won't let the enforcers take care of it, this is what you get.

I say bring back the enforcers, and shit can the instigator penalty bull shit! I don't have a problem with them letting them play, but call it in the third just like you called it in the first. If it's a penalty, fuggin' call it. I don't give a shit as long as it's consistent. Slashing the hands is gonna be verboten this year, at least for the first couple of months.

I'm damn glad to see hockey season around the corner.

Originally posted by kamanda View Post
            I never pay attention to pre-season, but hearing this certainly puts a damper on my excitement
            I never put any merit into the pre-season at all either.
            Last edited by Razor; 09-20-2017, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
              5 minutes interference for making contact? You're kidding?
              I watched hockey religiously for close to 35 years. A few years ago they changed my hockey channel to a digital format, meaning my 20 year old TV wouldn't get reception. Haven't seen a game in 5+ years. Sounds like it wouldn't be my kind of hockey anyways.
              i am not kidding sadly, i believe it was the vegs/vancouver preseason game. I was like "huh?!" Maybe its a preseason thing to crack down on obstruction. Lets hope thats all it is.

Comment

Now watching caps/habs. Ovie penalty for touching a guy with his stick,then smith pelley gets 2 for "cheating" in the faceoff. Now, caps down 2 men. What a fucking joke. FUCK YOU NHL.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                  I don't care for the clutching, hooking, grabbing and slashing. I totally dig the hitting though. Yes, Crosby should have been suspended a game or two last year for his slash on Methot. Then again, when you're a bigger guy making a run and taking liberties with a smaller guy then if you won't let the enforcers take care of it, this is what you get.

I say bring back the enforcers, and shit can the instigator penalty bull shit! I don't have a problem with them letting them play, but call it in the third just like you called it in the first. If it's a penalty, fuggin' call it. I don't give a shit as long as it's consistent. Slashing the hands is gonna be verboten this year, at least for the first couple of months.

I'm damn glad to see hockey season around the corner.

I never put any merit into the pre-season at all either.
                  razor, its not even "slashing the hands"... if you literally touch the other guy with your stick, its 2min. Thats a joke. Theres been an average of FOURTEEN penalties every game so far. Right now, theres been 12 in this game, and its second intermission. Add to that i saw a 5min "penalty" for "interference" the other night, combined with ZERO hits, one fight, and a game flow that is as good as watching home shopping network? Its literally almost unwatchable.

Comment

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
                    razor, its not even "slashing the hands"... if you literally touch the other guy with your stick, its 2min. Thats a joke. Theres been an average of FOURTEEN penalties every game so far. Right now, theres been 12 in this game, and its second intermission. Add to that i saw a 5min "penalty" for "interference" the other night, combined with ZERO hits, one fight, and a game flow that is as good as watching home shopping network? Its literally almost unwatchable.
                    I hadn't caught a pre-season game yet. I'll have to check some out. I normally won't watch any pre-season games until they get the rosters trimmed down, and the regulars in the last couple of games.

Comment

Sounds like the NHL is banking on a more exciting game by keeping one team shorthanded all night?
                      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

watched the rangers last night, 20 penalties, its a fuckin joke. fuck off
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

They made all the changes to protect Connor McDavid.
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                            They made all the changes to protect Connor McDavid.
                            I was waiting on Atomic Tommy to start a Cindy rant. This'll do nicely instead!

Comment

I can wait for a good Cindy rant too thou....
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X