2017-18 NHL thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
    The Lady Byng will now become a team award.
    That gave me a good chuckle this morning because it's so damn true!

Comment

Damn if the Bolts don't look friggin' awesome so far this year! A couple of teams that have surprised me so far in how bad they've looked are the Rangers and the Ducks. How about those Golden Knights, and the Maple Leafs are no surprise to me either.

Holy crap has Antti Niemi's star fallen or what? I'm not surprised the Pens waived him, and am pretty shocked that the Panthers took a chance on him. It's insane to me how his time in Dallas sharing goalie duties seems to have gotten into his head.

Comment

Honestly niemi wasnt that great even when he won a cup with the hawks. That 2010 team was so stacked, you or I coulda probably been in goal and still won lol. He was mediocre in San Jose and terrible with Dallas.
        Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Neimi was really good for a few years in SJ, he, just like almost every SJ goalie until Jones, choked badly with pressure.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Anyway, Fuck LA. And how long till the Knights implode?

Comment

Anyway, Fuck LA. And how long till the Knights implode?
              I figured they would be competitive, but I never dreamed they'd be like this out of the gate. It's insane how their two back-up goalies have played so far. They'll be back to reality sooner than later, but it's been fun to watch them shock everyone.

Comment

Go Leafs!

Comment

Lmfao, unfortunately... another 5m major/ game misconduct for a clean shoulder to shoulder hit in the ducks/kings game. Just take hitting out of the game, and pussify it for the soccer moms. And watch attendance and tv drop. My buddy mcs' at the wild (AHL) games here... he said attendance is down by 1/3 since they basicallly outlawed fighting. Pathetic.
                  Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                    I figured they would be competitive, but I never dreamed they'd be like this out of the gate. It's insane how their two back-up goalies have played so far. They'll be back to reality sooner than later, but it's been fun to watch them shock everyone.
                    Yeah, they've come back down closer to reality. Fucking Tampa Bay though. Came to CA and steamrolled. At least we beat LA last night.

Comment

Yeah, they've come back down closer to reality. Fucking Tampa Bay though. Came to CA and steamrolled. At least we beat LA last night.
                      I tell you what, Tampa Bay looks beast!!! If they stay healthy, they should tear it up. Pens are still looking so-so, and man I wish they would have traded Letang years ago.

The Golden Knights goalie situation is crazy. The injuries they've had at goalie makes it even more amazing to me, especially considering how young the back up goalies are.

Comment

Yeah, right now Tampa is looking invincible. They steamrolled us and the Kings, 5-1 and 5-2... the two best defensive teams at the moment. It wasn't even a contest lol. But yeah, they're peaking way too early. They better hope they can end the season like that.

Those LV goalies sure are doing great, but they got wiped by Edmonton pretty badly.

Comment

I agree...Tampa looks scary. The other scary aspect though is can Stamkos remain uninjured?
                          All things considered, even though I dislike Tampa due to the history of beating the Flames in 2004, if they take Pittsburgh out then good for them. F Pittsburgh.

I love that the Habs are having a bad year!! F the Habs!!
                          My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

Originally posted by goodwood View Post
                            I agree...Tampa looks scary. The other scary aspect though is can Stamkos remain uninjured?
                            All things considered, even though I dislike Tampa due to the history of beating the Flames in 2004, if they take Pittsburgh out then good for them. F Pittsburgh.

I love that the Habs are having a bad year!! F the Habs!!
                            If the Pens don't get their shit together (i.e. unload Kris Letang and Brian Dumolin) they won't make the playoffs.

You're not the only one loving the fact that the Habs are tanking.

Comment

I swear, refs are getting paid to let LVK win.

Comment

Winter Classic, I was on the edge of my seat!! Lost to the Rangers in OT, it was a great game though, good energy and some good hits, great shots on goal... the goaltenders made that game. On to the next one Go Sabres!
                                \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Working...
                                X