2017-18 NHL thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Razor View Post
    If you're referring to the Wilson hit then all I can say is that's a dirty hit no matter what era or team. He left his feet, he targeted the head, and it's plain to see. I'm all for hitting, but not that type of hitting. I don't care who's team it is, a hit like that has absolutely no business in any league.
    Any time you break a guys jaw you weren't taking the body hehe.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
      I didn't get to watch the game, but it sounds like I should have. I need to go see this. lol
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8GTPmMvMh8

Comment

If you're referring to the Wilson hit then all I can say is that's a dirty hit no matter what era or team. He left his feet, he targeted the head, and it's plain to see. I'm all for hitting, but not that type of hitting. I don't care who's team it is, a hit like that has absolutely no business in any league.

So, what does everyone think of Rinne going Marty McSorley last night?
        a hit like that is what scott Stevens made a career of. According to today's rules, it's a suspension. That's exactly why the game is getting softer and softer by the day. I think Wilson is a rat, back in the day probert woulda made sure that didn't happen again. It's not like it was a Matt Cooke blindside. He saw Wilson coming. In five(ish) years, the open ice hit will be outlawed. As it stands now, it's pretty much out of the game. I've seen maybe ten non-suspendable big hits all year. The regular season was literally the most boring season I've seen. And I watch hockey every night, I get nbcsn, NBC Chicago, fox Midwest, NHL network, and the yahoo streams where I live. Plus Reddit if I can't get a game. Zero passion anymore. And the reason? Total lack of physicality due to the fear of getting 5+ game + suspension because you might hit someone too hard.
        Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Staying out of the penalty box is what helps win games. The league is going for speed and rolling 4 lines of talent... in SJ we don't have any goons left except if you want to count Dillon. Teams aren't built for being brutal... look at what happened to the Ducks and LA. There is too much money in the games these days. It's not that I don't disagree with the older style of hockey, it just doesn't really win games anymore. When SJ met the Pens in the Final, we were built to fight LA. Instead of having a line of goons to battle, we have a 4th that is getting it done.

My problem is the refs. They've been absolutely horrible this year.

Yeah, saw that... temper temper.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
            Staying out of the penalty box is what helps win games. The league is going for speed and rolling 4 lines of talent... in SJ we don't have any goons left except if you want to count Dillon. Teams aren't built for being brutal... look at what happened to the Ducks and LA. There is too much money in the games these days. It's not that I don't disagree with the older style of hockey, it just doesn't really win games anymore. When SJ met the Pens in the Final, we were built to fight LA. Instead of having a line of goons to battle, we have a 4th that is getting it done.

My problem is the refs. They've been absolutely horrible this year.

Yeah, saw that... temper temper.
            i agree the refs haven't been great, but it's because every call they make anymore is micro-managed, challenged, slo mo replayed, etc because someone might have brushed the goalie, was 1cm offside 2 minutes earlier which negates a goal, or has to give 5+game because someone got their feelings hurt from a check. The last real rivalry series was philly-Pitt... and that was 2012.

Comment

Pens and Bs out.. beautiful. 5 teams left, only one has a cup. Go.... vegas???

Comment

Pens didn't have a hope in hell this year. The third and fourth lines just weren't as good as those from the past couple of years, Murray was just average most nights, and Malkin and Kessel were non existent. The Caps made the Pens look slow most of the time. I didn't kid myself. I knew they didn't have it going into this playoff year. Part of me is still surprised they made the playoffs at all as considering how bad they were in the first half of the season. I was happy as could be that they didn't get sent home by the Flyers.

I was glad to see the B's take an early exit too.

I'll be pulling for Fleury and the Golden Knights, but I still think it's going to be Nashville and Tampa Bay for all the marbles.

Comment

Pens didn't have a hope in hell this year. The third and fourth lines just weren't as good as those from the past couple of years, Murray was just average most nights, and Malkin and Kessel were non existent. The Caps made the Pens look slow most of the time. I didn't kid myself. I knew they didn't have it going into this playoff year. Part of me is still surprised they made the playoffs at all as considering how bad they were in the first half of the season. I was happy as could be that they didn't get sent home by the Flyers.

I was glad to see the B's take an early exit too.

I'll be pulling for Fleury and the Golden Knights, but I still think it's going to be Nashville and Tampa Bay for all the marbles.
                  At least you guys made the playoffs. My hawks were garbage, all year. I'd like to see vegas win, maybe Winnipeg.

Comment

Fuck Vegas. I want to see them lose. Their fan base is horrible too.

Comment

its gonna be Vegas... watch and see.. FIXED!
                      \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Was hoping Vegas and Fleury would put up more of a fight. I don't have a problem with the Capitals winning the Cup. I'm still somewhat surprised they did especially seeing the fight Columbus gave them in the first round. To their credit they got better and better with each round, and Holtby surprised the hell out of me. I can deal with Ovi winning a Cup, he's a hell of a player.

Comment

This was the preferred outcome for me. I'm not particularly a fan of Ovi, but at least he got his Stanley Cup.

At least the refs didn't play favorites in the Finals.

Comment

Glad the Caps won it, happy to see Ovi get his cup.
                            \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Working...
                            X