No announcement yet.

2017-18 NHL thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, the new face off rules are gonna screw a lot of centers. Anyone good in the circle cheats, period.
    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Bruins-red wings. 6 penalties in the 1st... and still 3:50 remaining. Unwatchable. Theres literally been ONE hit the entire period. Spoke too soon.. SEVEN in the first period. What a joke.
      Last edited by clifffclaven; 09-23-2017, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Jesus christ. Now, interference... is a 2 game suspension. Even when a teammate steps up to answer the bell.

Watched 4 games tonight. Why, im not sure.

Comment

Literally, just take hitting out of the game to satisfy the pussies and soccer moms. Already quit watching nfl, nhl (no hit league) prob wont be far behind. I guess it will be you tube of 1990-2010 games if i want any physicality.

Comment

My Detroit Red Wings have only one good thing going for them....and brand new arena haha. They probably will not make the the playoffs as the coach AND GM needed to be fired after last season...same ole same ole thinkin it is 1997 and you have a lot of talent. They ave some kids that a good but they don't get to play much...hate to say it but the team sucks.

The league is cracking down on love tap slashing so whoever has the bets special teams will be a good regular season team. Fucg I watched a pre-season game...9 minor penalties in the first period alone...good god
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Its a joke, shawn. One game i watched had 15 "penalties"... and look at my links above. You basically cant hit anyone anymore.

Comment

its the No Hockey League now, fuck em
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

We don`t have cable anymore, haven`t for over a year now. It seams we chose wisely with this kinda crap. I watch the highlights on YouTube. Might not be any this season unless you like a lot of 5 on 3`s.

Comment

Season opener.. 10-1 over the pens?? Hawks were on fire last night, the schmaltz Kane Hartman line had 12(!) points.

Comment

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
                      Season opener.. 10-1 over the pens?? Hawks were on fire last night, the schmaltz Kane Hartman line had 12(!) points.
                      I am so glad I didn't watch that game last night. I flipped over to it, saw it was 4-0 in the first period, and decided then it was better for my blood pressure to just keep working on the 1911 I'm in the process of bluing. Hopefully they get their shit together, but if Niemi keeps looking like the Niemi of last year he needs cut quicker than the Capitals in the playoffs... In other words, faster than a barefoot jack rabbit on a hot greasy griddle in the middle of August!
                      Last edited by Razor; 10-06-2017, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Razor u know that game was an anomaly. When is the last time Crosby was -4, never.

Comment

Speaking of Chicago reminds me that I hated to hear about Eddie O's bout with colon cancer. I've always thought he was a great hockey player, great coach, and great commentator.

Comment

Sucks about eddie o. Hopefully he's ok.

What sucks too is the absolute lack of any physicality in the game anymore. It's so sad, that the guys on hockey fights have a poll going on which team will have the latest fighting major this season. Combined with no touching anyone with yr stick, no hits AT ALL, and the refs taking over the game to pussify it for soccer moms... this will probably be my last season. Bob probert is rolling in his grave right now. Sad when the toughest guy in the game is.... WHO? Lmfao. Rip NHL.
                            Last edited by clifffclaven; 10-10-2017, 08:55 PM.

Comment

The Lady Byng will now become a team award.
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                                The Lady Byng will now become a team award.
                                good call
                                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                                X