Found my Grandfathers World War 2 duffel bag today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found my Grandfathers World War 2 duffel bag today

I recently inherited my Grandparent's farm. Today I was checking on the house, and decided to check the storage building over the cellar. I found my Grandpa's World War 2 duffel bag he brought home from Europe in it. He's the big reason I'm such a big fan of history, and of old battle rifles.

I spent a lot of time on my Grandparent's farm when I was a kid, and lived with them when I was a teenager. Gramps worked hard to instill some of his best traits in me. Be a man of your word, help your friends and neighbors, and above all to have a good work ethic and make your own way by the sweat of your brow, because in the end you'll appreciate it that much more. He was a hell of a man, and an awesome Grandpa.

It just came out of the washing machine, and will be going on to permanent display in my man cave.

Very cool!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

My relationship with my grandfather sounds much like your's. Of all his grandchildren I was one one fascinated with his WW2 service and stories. I used to wear his webbing belt, helmet, and leggings all the time. We watched all the classic WW2 movies together and sometimes he would stay up with me and watch Rat Patrol. He would point out errors in all the shows. I inherited all of his WW2 books and his footlocker. It has photos and memorabilia from his 2nd Ranger Btn. reunions in France.

Comment

Hail yesterday

Comment

Found something else today, and thought I would share. My uncle was cleaning the the upstairs closet, and found a couple of his shirts so I thought I would share a picture of one of them. The other shirt had pants to match, was dark green, and reminded me of enlisted soldiers dress clothes. I was so stoked I forgot to take pictures of the green outfit.

I knew he was in Co. B, 254th Infantry Regiment, 63rd Infantry Division, so it was cool to see the emblems on his shirt.

Comment

The greatest generation.

Comment

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That's really cool!
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                X