Spreewerk "p" suffix May 1944 Production P-38

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spreewerk "p" suffix May 1944 Production P-38

Yesterday the big white truck brought me this Spreewerk P-38. The "p" suffix puts it in the May of 1944 production. It is all matching including the locking block, no import marks, strong rifling with bright bore, and it even has the correct grips. It came with what looks to me like an aftermarket magazine so I need to find a proper "jvd" one for it.

Figured I would share some pictures of it. I've wanted a P-38 for a long time, and I'm real happy with it.

Sweet! Nice without import marks!

I've been wanting a P38k for a long time. Unfortunately they're quite pricey.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Nice!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
        Sweet! Nice without import marks!

I've been wanting a P38k for a long time. Unfortunately they're quite pricey.
        Yeah, they have steadily increased in value. I would have picked up a Russian Capture, but even they bring 500 bucks or so when I run across the odd one out in the wild.

This one cost me a spare CMP Service Grade Springfield Garand I had lying around, but it was worth it to me. I still have five more Garands so it's all good.

My Grandpa brought a P-38 back when he came home from Germany after World War 2. It was stolen when we were robbed in the late 80's so one has been on my want list for quite a while.

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Nice!
        Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X