Obituary in Greensboro, NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obituary in Greensboro, NC

Anyone going? Show is May 3rd @ the Blind Tiger.

Oh and BLS in August \m/
    \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

I thought another JCF member died when I read the title.

Glad that wasn't the case!
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Let us know how i is! Saw them a handful of months ago. If Power Trip is still touring with them make sure you do not miss them. Unreal.

Comment

Power Trip was with Cannibal Corpse and Gate Creeper saw them, guys were very social...great group! Will do on Obituary, I've been a fan since Cause of Death and they never came close enough where ever I was living at any one time....so my first time seeing them gonna be brutal!
        \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post

damn...heh!
          \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

I miss Allen West
            'Howling in shadows
            Living in a lunar spell
            He finds his heaven
            Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post

me too

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
                I miss Allen West
                They should redo the Cause of Death album with him. They could call it Cause of Meth.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  They should redo the Cause of Death album with him. They could call it Cause of Meth.
                  Hahahaha! And once they get that shaked and baked, they should do a follow up called Slowly We Rot, oh nevermind...

My fav Obituary and Six Feet Under were the ones he played on, cause i really like his simplistic style. Sucks he got into that, hopefully his new band keeps him busy.
                  'Howling in shadows
                  Living in a lunar spell
                  He finds his heaven
                  Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Didn't know he was doing new stuff. I liked whatever he was on, but preferred James Murphy on COD and wish he'd have stayed around.

Comment

Did anyone like/buy the new disk? I did, the new guitar player is quite good. Has elements of both West and Murphy in his playing
                      1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

I didn't get the latest one, but I got the last one, Inked in Blood, and like it a lot.

Comment

I missed that one, I'll have to um "get" it \m/
                          1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Obituary was SICK!!! I had a really good time the guys hung out with fans after the show signed everything! and there was a cookout in the parking lot after the show... Ha!

DustBolt was good singer/guitarist is full of energy and they were really excited to be playing in the USA for the second time, they're from Germany, music was good ...they're Thrash and reminded me of Kreator.

Pallbearer was not my thing crowd had a few hardcore fans for this band ... not a band I would go and see if they were headlining or alone.

False Prophet opened they are local to that area (Greensboro, NC) I've never heard or seen them before this show and those guys brought it! They're on there way to Florida so keep your eyes open ..a lot of bands on the bill.

Skeletonwitch kicked ass!!! and those guys were really cool to hang with as well, wound up sitting around smoking cigarettes shooting the shit.

At the merch table scored the 1000 ways to die cd from Obituary there were only two of those and while they were signing it Donald gets it and said this was straight off our studio floor ...ha-ha lucky me! ... well, glad to know that! cause I'm not even opening it...have that album in mp3 format anyway.

Scored a killer Champion Obituary T-shirt, red with black sleeves and Obituary in black on front

Scored every band's setlist EXCEPT Obituary John and Trevor handed those off to the two chicks standing next to me along with the picks... Oh well, maybe next time... at least she let me have a picture of it.

got some posters from Dust Bolt signed and the setlists (Dustbolt didn't have a setlist) I collected too along with a T-shirt from False Prophet and their guitarist Scott hooked me up with a signed Rick Rozz Leprosy postcard looking thing which goes great with my original 1988 cassette tape and signed setlist from Death on the Metal to the Masses tour aka Symbolic.

Overall a totally killer show, great people and had a really great time... oh the venue was great too, first time there.
                            Last edited by Jackson8090s; 05-21-2018, 12:39 PM.
                            \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Sweet!!! I played with them in Tampa on the first show. Our band was one of the openers. My drummer and I will be over at the Brass Mug sometimes and Donald will come in and we'll all sit around shooting the breeze while having some beers. Usually we end up talking about cats, lol. It was cool to do a show with them - nice guys and good too the bands they are playing with.

It was kind of a weird experience because we are NOT death metal, but the crowd dug us anyway and were super-supportive. Here's a video a chick from the crowd took of us. She was cool enough to grab a song or two from every band that played that night....

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X