Rant about an employee at a music store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EntrailsOfU View Post
    It sounds to me like he was trying to get rid of old stock and instead of just giving you a deal to get rid of it while explaining, he went the route of taking all your money, then playing you for a fool a few weeks later. Again a terrible practice. I totally get wanting to get rid of dead stock, but to claim ignorance and flat out lie, that's a whole other level of bad.
    There's an old saying: Trust comes on foot, but leaves on horseback
    ...of all options he had as a possible excuse, he chose the one that cost him a customer, while all others would had left me blissfully ignorant and still spending my money there

My chief used to work in our sales department, one thing he noted to me was that he was constantly lying
    Not to cover mistakes, but to make the company look good towards the customer

Best example was when a customer called and needed stock quick:
    He put up a BS story that the warehouse was filled up in orders, but he was gonna try and see if he could motivate us and get the stuff out the door sooner
    So he called us - We were busy fishing in the canal next to the warehouse, that's how busy it was, so we were more than willing to actually do some work
    He then called back the customer, telling him that he had to pull a few favors, but that the order would be on its way the very next day
    Customer felt special, we received more orders from this customer over time, everyone happy

All in all, it's about caring for your customer rather than their money. And in the end, you will most likely get both!
    A good sale is one where both parties walk away satisfied
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
      It's pianos and organs. We sell $100k organs to 90 year old widowers that never played before.
      In your neck of the woods, go to a Fletcher's Music to see the Lowrey Organ.
      Nice!! Get the feeling that you are being a bit snarky. Too bad. You would be correct in assuming that I am not interested in $100K organs, but I did just recently purchase a 1909 Steinway Model C....I didn't get it at Fletcher's Music, either. Oh well - you know what they say about assuming.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Don't feed the animals / Don't taunt the wildlife

Just avoid engaging with the minwagers at all. They already know only the noobs listen to them anyway, so just by talking to them you turned their raging inferiority complex into chest puffed out listen to daddy son posturing

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
          Nice!! Get the feeling that you are being a bit snarky. Too bad. You would be correct in assuming that I am not interested in $100K organs, but I did just recently purchase a 1909 Steinway Model C....I didn't get it at Fletcher's Music, either. Oh well - you know what they say about assuming.
          Nothing snarky about it. I take little old grannies that never played and I get them playing 2 songs in 2 minutes using just 2 fingers.
          We aren't selling pro gear to pro musicians. We cater to 95% rather than the 5%.
          I simply suggested going to Fletcher's to see what I was talking about, because they are the Lowrey dealer in your area.

Comment

Working...
          X