Check out the 1972 340 Hemi Orange Dodge Challenger I just bought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out the 1972 340 Hemi Orange Dodge Challenger I just bought

Well this a cool story how I found this, This was listed in a small paper that no one who would be looking for a mopar would look at but This guy had this and a 1966 Charger which I also bought. I talked to this guy a few times this week and He brought this up from Califorina in 1992 and spun a bearing in the engine and then put it in the garage, It has 64K original miles, EV2 Hemi orange, 340, 727, 3:55 sure grip, White vinal top, 15in Rally wheels, White interior, all the cool options. I'm gonna have it on the road in I figure 1 month. I'm gonna do the interior and engine 1st just to get it on the road. The rust around the rear window is going to be an easy fix since I'm going to put a vinal top back on it.

Now the be part is the price of what I paid for this and the 1966 Charger, Just $1500!!!!

Here's Pics

http://www.hotrods4u.com/donny/P1010050.JPG
    http://www.hotrods4u.com/donny/P10ewrwe10064.JPG

[ May 03, 2004, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: jsullysix ]
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Re: Check out the 1972 340 Hemi Orange Dodge Challenger I just bought

Man i wish i could buy a car like that to fix up.

those rock! good luck with it.

Comment

I've been kinda missing my roadrunner and demon, and I had money in the bank and when this fell into my lap yesterday I couldn't pass it up.

Comment

Where's the motor? I know you've done this before, but figure 3x the original amount of money + 3x the original time frame.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It came with the original 340 motor and a rebuilt 340 "race" motor, I'm gonna tear down the suspected race motor and go through it, and If everything checks out just throw that in for now. I figure I can be into it for less than 7K when it's all done. The little body work it needs and the paint are going to be the high dollar items. To get it out on the road in drivable condition basically all I have to do is do the brakes and thow in an engine and tranny. I was in to my roadrunner for a liitle less than 5K and sold it for $4300. Whats good is I have lots of parts already for the car or have accses to parts for the car for a cheap price. I've never really totaled up the costs of all the parts I put on to a car so I'm going to do that for this car, It should be fun.

[ May 03, 2004, 02:26 AM: Message edited by: Drsracing ]

Comment

cool score man [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] always better to buy and build ya self i say.

Comment

If anyone here knows what E body mopars usually go for, this is almost the equivulant of buying a strat head SD for like $500. What I like about it is that it's optioned really cool with the 340, power bulge hood, hemi orange paint, white interior with white vinal top, 15in Rallys. The only things I'm going to add to it is a factory AM/FM 8 track with the cassate and microphone recorder mountid on the console. I really want to add factory hood pins too, but drilling in to a mint power bulge hood is a crime.

Comment

I never understood the purpose of those hood pins - does the original hinge/lock break off or something? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Racing origins, Newc. Race cars needed quick removal of hoods, so instead of heavy metal hook/hinge/opener assembly, hoods had 2 or more holes drilled near the front, then were placed over pins and then cotters inserted through. So, time & weight savings. On factory muscle cars they looked "cool" but were not needed - much like the laughably huge wings on today's ricers.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ya, the pins aren't really needed but look hella cool.

Comment

Since you are so into Mopars I have a mint 1969 Dodge Dart grill if you are interested. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Unbelievable score on the Challenger. I can't believe that the dude sold it for $1500.00 with 2 340 motors! Of course you know how rare any mopar is that was originally hemi orange. The only thing that would make that car cooler would be it it was a 70 or 71. Are you gonna do the billboard graphics on the sides?

Comment

No graphics, and I'm going to delete the side trim to make it look clean. I'm really thinking a set of 18in torqe thrust 2's though on it

Comment

That looks like Al Bundy's mighty Dodge! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Al's was a brown duster.

Comment

The deal just gets sweeter, the supposed "race" engine is a 340 cast on 5-29-70, solid lifter, looks like all it had on it is 1 season of racing.

Comment

Working...
                              X