Spyware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spyware

Thanks,I downloaded ad-aware and spybot and ran them both. I was afraid to delete everything listed (254 files) because i read that deleting some will disable non-threat applications that i want to run. There is a file called Alexa that if deleted would disable settings on the customized toolbar i have. I deleted 90% of the files and have had no more problems! Is there a website listing those files that really should not be deleted? I think Winamp and Windows Media Player bring in alot of the spyware. I saw 10 high threat files titled Windows Media something or other? I just need to research more.

Thanks guys!

Comment

If your toolbar features ALEXA, you need to DITCH that toolbar my friend... Alexa is mega spyware.

You have invited the wolf into the henhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal:
        If your toolbar features ALEXA, you need to DITCH that toolbar my friend... Alexa is mega spyware.

You have invited the wolf into the henhouse.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'll take your advice and toss the toolbar.

Comment

Also I recommend everyone to stop using Internet Explorer, since it's basically a spyware magnet. Since I switched to Mozilla I've had around 10 adwares on my computer, when with IE Ad-Aware and Spybot found like 150 spywares weekly.

Comment

Working...
          X