Randy Rhoads/Quiet Riot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy Rhoads/Quiet Riot

Wow!!! I just got the Quiet Riot cd with the stuff they did with Randy Rhoads before he was with Ozzy (The Randy Rhoads Years). Fantastic music! His playing was great back then too.
    I thought that I was going to hate this cd, but I really like. I just feel bad that I've missed out on such great music for all these years.

I wish there was more like this.

Re: Randy Rhoads/Quiet Riot

Yeah I bought that cd several years ago, I appreciate it because it was early Randy, but overall I thought the songs were a little weak. There is some typically great RR solos on there though. Randy was the best part of that band. I haven't listened to it in 3 or 4 years, but now you've got me wanting to go listen to it again. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

That cd is a complete rehashing of Quiet Riot's original songs. Most of them were re-worked by Kevin Dubrow. He redid vocals, re-miked Randy's stuff through Carlos' cabinets. On at least one of the songs, he took Randy's solo, broke it up and made a bunch of fills throughout the songs. The original songs were not that great. Randy's playing was there, but the songwriting and lyrics were pretty bad. I appreciated the cd as it brought me to know a little bit of Randy's work before Ozzy. It got me interested in hearing the original recordings as well. However, it lead me to believe that the best stuff he did was most definitely with Ozzy. It's a shame we couldn't see what else he was capable of.

Comment

Randy + Ozzy = Awesome [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Randy wasn't proud of the work himself.
          Kevin Dubrow...
          What else is there to say about the guy, except for this:
          http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/143...14/story.jhtml
          [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Kevin DuBrow admitted, when the cd came out, that the original two QR albums were complete and utter shite except for Randy's playing, which was the only reason he re-released the material. His given reason for putting Randy's tracks through additional guitar amplification was to make them sound more like what Randy wanted--the original guitar sound supposedly wasn't very good at all.

I can't say I've ever actually heard them. Even Randy's playing wasn't enough to make me want to suffer through bad QR.

Comment

I've heard the originals. I didn't think they were that terrible. I gotta tell ya, Quiet Riot was very young back then, but there performances were very good for there ages. When Kevin messed with the original versions, his ego took over. Unfortunatley, his performance didn't really change that much when he retracked the vocals. In my opinion, that's pretty sad. Randy's guitar sound didn't change that much either. They were a good club band. That's all they were ever going to be with Randy. Carlos was a much better fit for that particular band. They should be proud of there work, and stop kicking it down. Bottom line is they were very young(kids really).
              1990 Jackson Professional
              1992 Dean ML
              2004 Epiphone Flying V
              2005 Epiphone Dot
              2009 Fender Stratocaster
              2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
              2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
              2006 Fender P Bass
              2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
              1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
              1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
              Custom Pedalboard
              ADA MP1
              ADA FX2
              Tascam 2488

Comment

"Laughing Gas" rocks! Most of the songs are great, I dig DuBrow's voice. I have the latest QR CD and he shines. Cavazo is a genius too. Most of that whole late '70's early '80's heavy rock is where it's at.
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
                X