The best medicine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best medicine

I had a friggin' crappy day all day because of my A**hole boss and when I left work I was angry and about ready to explode. I got in my Truck and turn on the radio and Ronnie James Dio's "WeRock" is playing! I crank it as loud as my speakers can handle....By the time that song was over, I had forgotten all about my bad day and my mood was changed from that of anger to that of "Hell yeah! Gimme my guitar!!"

I can't imagine living without my music. Music has always been my outlet and a cure when things get me down.

We all listen to and play different types of music
    for no other reason than because we love it and need it like we need the air we breathe.

Can you imagine a world with no music??? [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] Just a thought.

Re: The best medicine

Yeah man, I can totally relate. Back in my angsty teenage days, it was metal that made me endure. Dio, Sabbath, Maiden, Judas, Metallica, Ozzy...and many others. And it still gives me strength when I need it. I don't know where I'd be without metal.

Comment

Man I couldn't agree more-the bands for me like to change a lot, but that love and passion for music will never ever go away!

Comment

DIO is so awesome! Good story.

Comment

We Rock is a great song for that too! Good driving riff on it.

I've been a bit up-and-down for the last few years - I told my wife she was marrying a headcase but she didn't believe me - and I've found cranking some heavy tunez in the car is a great way to blow out the cobwebs, dispel my demons and free my mind for a while. Negative thoughts just can't compete with high volume metal. It obliterates all before it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Hearts On Fire, Hearts On Fire
            Burning, burning with desire
            Burning for the steel

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Great story [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

In my office we play an all rock station to jam to while we work-lots of Van Halen, Kiss, Pink FLoyd, Led Zep, Ozzy, etc. I go nuts when someone changes the station!

Comment

masturbation can be good remedy for depression too...

Comment

Working...
                  X