X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: wow the ultimate in movie wh0rage

Originally posted by RacerX:
    MLB sucks
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Agreed! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe:
      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RacerX:
      MLB sucks
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Agreed! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I must also agree! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Baseball sucks, not just MLB. We need a summer hockey league. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Baseball is boring, but hockey is the worst; grown men fighting like children because they don't have the skill to control the puck? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Wimps and crybabies [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Actually, there's not one sport I can stand to watch anymore.
          -Swimming and the other Summer Olympic events - puh-fukkin-leez
          -Horseback riding (Kentucky Derby to Rodeo to 'Equestrian Events' like in Merry Olde England)
          -Skiing/Boarding/Surfing
          -Motorized Vehicles of any kind (Bikes, Cars, Trucks - fukkin trucks, man [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] )
          -Skate Punking (Snowboarding, Skateboarding - Tony Hawk can blow me)
          -The LeMans - 'Bicycle! Bicycle! I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike!' [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] WEAK!
          -Women's Beach Volleyball was good when the women were good to look at, and didn't look like men.
          -Tennis [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]
          -Golf - damn the Scots to Hell is all I got to say
          -Basketball - didn't this game have rules at one time, like "no touching the rim PERIOD"?
          -Football - overpaid and overpadded

I used to like to watch the Olympic Ice Skating stuff because it was fluid and graceful, but I watched the Olympic Trials (or whatever - the competitions that decide who goes to the Olympics and who watches it on TV) a few weeks ago and it was nothing but technique - no feeling, no enthusiasm. Them Japanese girls, however, have the fastest spinning jumps I've ever seen. Still, it was like going to a GuitarWank Fest where no one knows anything about phrasing or personality, they just know the scales and modes in all positions.

-Sumo wrestling sucks because it takes them 2 hours to get into it, then it's over as soon as one of them falls or exits the ring. Do they know anything about scheduling multiple matches in one day? I guess not.
          -Fishing - like I want to watch some dumbass catch fish on tv, then let them go.
          -Nascar - I can't say enough bad things about this, the Redneckinest Sport of All Time
          -Wrasslin - This is like an on-going Stuntapalooza - current and former Hollywood stuntmen leap and pretend to fight (badly, I might add) and feign toughness while hurling insults at each other over a TV camera.

Newc

[ May 07, 2004, 05:39 AM: Message edited by: Newc ]
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:

1. "Baseball is boring"

2. "I used to like to watch the Olympic Ice Skating"

3. "Sumo wrestling sucks"

4. "Wrasslin - This is like an on-going Stuntapalooza current and former Hollywood stuntmen leap and pretend to fight (badly, I might add) and feign toughness while hurling insults at each other over a TV camera."

Newc
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I take umbrage! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

This is all in good fun, of course, but let's go over this point by point.

1. To the casual fan, absolutely. But to me, as someone whose family has something of a Baseball lineage, and as someone who grew up playing it and watching it, I have to disagree. I will concede the point that, die-hard fan or not, it's much more fun to play that to watch. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

2. Faker than the WWE (Which I'll dissect on point #4). I won't argue that watching some of the more skilled skaters can be quite impressive, and I won't even go low and tackle the "sexual preference of men who watch figure skating" issue, 'cause I think that's a crock of crap anyway. However, it is arguable that 1: Figure Skating is even a sport and 2: it's pre-determened. The judges have NO credibility, as they often submit their scores BEFORE they see the performances. And that's a fact, Jack. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

3. As a big dude myself, I happen to love seeing giant, barely recognizable as human hulks pushing each other around. And it's uniquely Japanese, which I love, as I'm something of a Japanophile, which leads me to my final point;

4. The WWE blows, granted. However, the Japanese do it MUCH better than us. I'll get to that in a second. First, let me say that I know ALL pro-wrestling is pre-determened. And there's NOTHING wrong with that. It's entertainment. There are "scripted" and otherwise "unreal" aspects of EVERYTHING on/in TV, movies, books, etc,. I enjoy pro-wrestling, for numerous reasons, and I still watch to WWE, because it brings back fond memories of my childhood. Anyway, back to the Japanese. In Japan, Puroresu (the Japanese term for wrestling) is considered an actual sport, the crowds are smarter/better, and the in-ring stuff is amazing. They actually HIT each other, and are very, very athletic, unlike most American wrestlers, who've taken far too many steroids, to the point where they can barely move, as their muscles are so tightened.

Man, I just typed my bible, right there. "The Book of Baba" I'll call it.

Oh, and Shohei "Giant" Baba was a Japanese pro-wrestler. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I hate most competative sports. However, martial arts is the shit! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                -Basketball - didn't this game have rules at one time, like "no touching the rim PERIOD"?
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I can't recall that rule, although who cares if they touch the rim in offence? (ooh, I could've worded that better :eek) Dunking is a spectacular part of the game, and I don't mind it at all, even if my tired old knees won't let me get up like that anymore.

I was watching the Spurs sink LA yesterday and marvelling at how they used to call players for "travelling". It seems now that if the player looks to be making a spectacular play, whether it be faking a player out, or stepping around a player on the way to throw one down, the refs will let them get away with taking 4 steps on their way to the hoop. That's one reason why US players get frustrated with international referees. It's not that the referees are picking on the US players to "even things up", it's because many of the basic tenets of basketball are forgotten or ignored in the NBA, rules that the rest of the world still observe. Plus with the fear of players being injured and jeopardising their multi-million dollar contracts and endorsement deals, a lot of the physicality has gone out of the pro game.

-Football - overpaid and overpadded
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's just because you are watching the wrong codes. Rugby & Australian Rules is where it's at! No pads, no bullshit. Finesse, power, teamwork, big hits and bloodshed. All the things that make competitive sport great! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                Hail yesterday

Comment

They shoulda thought about putting the ads on the ball. At least foul balls and home runs end up in the stands where they can be read.
                  Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Newc I'm starting to think that you don't like anything. And to quote Ill Mitch- "If you've got a problem with Tony Hawk, get off your wheels and take a phony walk!"

Comment

Working...
                    X