• Dog owners: do not give these foods

...to your beloved pet:

grapes
    raisins
    Chocolate
    cocoa
    onions
    macadamia nuts

Read the sad story of dogs' newest threats: grapes & raisins (will cause renal failure)

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/raisins.asp
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Re: Dog owners: do not give these foods

Thanks for the heads up Ron!

I only use meats as treats, hey that rhymed! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

The most outrageous thing I've heard about feeding animal is kids littered platic bags into the den of the zoo, and the poor giraffe ate it. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I already knew about the chocolate, luckily. Dog food, biscuits, and some occassional cheese are the eats my dog ever gets.

Comment

Thanks Ron. Jeez...we have let our dog have a few grapes in the past. I guess we got lucky. She won't be getting them anymore! Again, thanks.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Interesting. I knew about chocolate (supposedly it drains the calcium out of their body somehow). A few years back, my ex-wife and I had a Pitbull/Boxer puppy... she ate a bowl of Hershey's Kisses left on the coffee table from Halloween. I was freaking out, but luckily she was okay, and I think all she might have done was throw up a tiny bit later on.

My boss has 6 or 7 dogs and fed a few of them macadamia nuts not too long ago. Well, later on or the next day, they had problems walking and had to be taken to the vet. The ones that didn't eat them were fine, but the vet had never heard of nuts being harmful to dogs and just thought it was something else wrong with them, gave them some meds and sent them on their way. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

This reminds me of something. There's a controversy in Taiwan lately about dog food company Pedigree. Dogs that have Pedigree dog food die in bunches due to some kidney problem. There're even dogs whose tongue go almost completely black and then fall off. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I don't know if this thing has ever happened in the States, but since Pedigree is a world wide biz, you just can't be too careful.

Comment

Originally posted by Miffy rules:
                The most outrageous thing I've heard about feeding animal is kids littered platic bags into the den of the zoo, and the poor giraffe ate it. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My grandfathers horse died from eating a plastic sandwich bag that blew into his pen. It twisted up his intestines and killed him. Was a great horse.

Comment

thanks for the heads up. I would have never thought this either. I never tried to give my dog rasins before. My dog won't eat grapes, not that I'd give them to her, just if one fell on the floor or something...she's pick it up and spit it out [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

Thanks for the info. I never new that!

Comment

Working...
                    X