No announcement yet.

My Personal Rants......... add yours..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Personal Rants......... add yours..

Players asking what kind of uber-powerful 1/2 or full stack they should get that sounds good at bedroom level.
    Ibanez bashers
    Tube snobs
    Import Charvel bashers
    Players looking for the "brown" sound.
    Players who think set or neck thru is better than bolt on instead of what they truly are... different.
    Players who have the best of everything and spend the majority of their time upgrading their equipment instead of practicing. Their solution to the statement "you really suck on guitar" is to go out and get all new equipment because that must be the reason they suck. I can't possibly have to do with the fact that they don't practice.

Re: My Personal Rants......... add yours..

Originally posted by jgcable:
    Tube snobs
    Players who think set or neck thru is better than bolt on instead of what they truly are... different.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Those get to me, too. Hmm...After finding out about this "Frat Boy Chaz" fella, I have to say;

People who wear sweater vests.
    People who wear trendy clothes, hairstyles, etc,.

Oh, and;

People who get Japanese kanji or otherwise Eastern/Oriental language character tatoos, but don't research them (in their "defense", these folks are usually piss drunk).

Damn, that's all I can think of for now. I'm a super laid-back guy, though, I don't get riled up much.

...I love you guys. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Players asking what kind of uber-powerful 1/2 or full stack they should get that sounds good at bedroom level.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">These two definitely get on my nerves. Half stacks and full stacks are designed to be loud. That's why all the wattage and speakers. For bedroom practice, solid state 10" speaker combos rock! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

The only real advantage I see with neck-thrus is that they look better. But you have to actually be behind the guitar to notice the seamless neck to body joint. Fuck that crap, my guitars are destined to scream and conquer(spl?)! No time for that lookin good crap! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Guitarists who ask "what pedal why give me Vai's tone!?", and other guitarists who answer "tone is all in da hands, dood!" really get on my nerves also.

Comment

-Ex girlfriends trying to be your friend after they dumped you!
        -Comic nerds bitching about the latest comic to movie adaptation because they want the whole world to know they knew about (insert character name) before you.
        -My friend with perfect pitch! He doesnt even listen to Megadeth but played back Marty's stuff right after listening to it and played it better than me who's been working on it for years! OK, granted he does go to Berklee.
        -People who "tune" your guitar. Screw you man, I'm in tune!
        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Peronal beefs:
          -Ibanez' piss poor customer service - customer DISservice is more like it
          -People that email me asking what the neck dimensions are of whatever guitar I have for sale (usually a Jackson) - like what, you've got webbed hands and can only spread your fingers 3/4" apart?
          -An interesting Micro$loth scheme I've recently encountered where XP requires you to re-activate the OS whenever you change out a secondary drive or display adapter - but you've exceeded the allowed registrations for the one copy you have, so you HAVE to buy a new license at full price or XP shuts down after 30 days NQA.

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Posted by jgcable:
            "Players who have the best of everything and spend the majority of their time upgrading their equipment instead of practicing. Their solution to the statement "you really suck on guitar" is to go out and get all new equipment because that must be the reason they suck. I can't possibly have to do with the fact that they don't practice."
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Guilty as charged! Can't say that I am even close to having the "best of everything", but my teacher would agree with your statement.

Comment

Set Neck, Neck thru, Bolt on. They all have their good points, so I don't blame anyone for having their pref. I hate the bolt on's because of the heel and the tendency to be top heavy.

Set necks and neck thru guitars feel better (To me) when playing up high on the neck.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

People who say "You can't play fast with feeling"

Those who believe that putting on huge strings will improve their tone "cos SRV used big strings" - SRV was a big guy, with big hands, you fuckwit!

Anyone who thinks that facepaint + gimp costume + cheap BC Rich = Serious metal musician

I could go on for hours...

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                  Peronal beefs:
                  -Ibanez' piss poor customer service - customer DISservice is more like it

Newc
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Really? I have a RG470 that had bad fret grinds on the edge of the neck, frets 15-19, high E would slide right off the neck everytime -- they replaced the neck with a new one and touched up the dings in the body in about a week, free of charge.

Sorry to hear you've had trouble.

D>

Comment

Jeez Dude can't you find way more worth while thing to hate besides Thin LizzY and KISS....???!!!

what about Snoop Doggy Doo Doo and the rest of those musically challenged primates!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I feel a long thread coming...

I LOVE SNOOP! I like a lot of old rap too. With every music, there's good and bad.

I liked Kiss in the 3rd grade. They amuse me but I don't like their music.

Comment

Originally posted by Venomboy:

I also hate The Who, The Ramones, George Thoroughgood, and KISS.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">To quote Dr. Hibbert when he found out Homer got a job at the nuclear power plant, "My god?!?"................

Comment

more rants:
                          Players who think Elixers ROCK!!
                          Roadies who are too fucked up by the end of the gig to be worth a shit.
                          Cigar smokers who are close to the stage
                          Fans who always yell out the songs that we don't play. We could do 10 Ratt songs and some asswipe will keep requesting a Ratt song we don't do.
                          Friends who say they will show up at a gig but don't.
                          Friends who show up at a gig but leave at the earliest opportunity feeling that they have met their responsibility.
                          Excessive band bar tabs (I don't drink)
                          People who think that just because I am 42 I can't shred and should concentrate on my daytime job and my golf game. To those I say; not only can I tear a friggin guitar to absolute shreds but I can kick your ass too.

Comment

Fans who always yell out the songs that we don't play.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Like me yelling at every show for every band to play some Slayer!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Stupidity -- not ignorance, but just blank stupidity.

D>

Comment

Working...
                              X