No announcement yet.

My Personal Rants......... add yours..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My Personal Rants......... add yours..

"wood-slapping players in a metal context"

horns i don't know how do you like death metal but afair the bass player of cryptopsy was good.

also you should check a french band named korum
    their bass man is composing their music and this guy is insane live - you see a 2 meter black guy with a headless bass playing solo and growling at the same time [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
    tell me how do you like the stuff from their site?

i don't recall the band names right now but many more technical deathmetal bands know how to use that instruments.

vitaming - hell you've right i just love Fred Durst and limp bizkit , they're so "metal" , and yeah his and korns lyrics are so "angry" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by skarhead:
      if you like korum i can provide you two of their albums just pm me if interested.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">dude, you mispelt Korn! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:
        I've always meant to get some of Stu Hamm's stuff. Must do that some day.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Let me check G - I had a couple CD's I will send them to you on a slow boat when I find them - give me a bit of time to unpack from my move..

Comment

I hate that pippy long stocking braided fat stupid lookin tarantula facefuck from Korn BTW.. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

and his playing sucks!

No ...it blows!!!!!!!!!

what's with those faggot ass Nu fucks holding the bass straight up and now ....he's a poser ...with a stupid lookin' pose! The same kind of pose when the Ganstas hold the nines sideways!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I want honest to goodness Bass playing MasterBassers!!!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

yeaaah fieldy rules hehehehe [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

what's the most tragic thing about nu is that korn is the most original (you know ,they started it [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) band in the nu-genre.

99 % of the rest of that guys are korns ripoffs [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

anyway not only their guitar tone suxx but also their bass-guitar tone sucks really haard. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

when we're talking about rhytm section can some1 name me some death-metal bands with really f!@$%!# up rhytm patterns , speed changes? maybe some jazzy influences ?

Also does anyone here know some good jazz and/or fusion ( for a starter in that genre [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )

Comment

one of my favority bass players was kyle kyle from bang tango... he was a slapper, and i loved his bass sound.

i second the lyle lovett nod, he's a great writer and funny as all hell.

sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

You want awesome , go crazy go nuts extreme metal ???!!!

SYMBYOSIS "Crisis" or GORY BLISTER from italy!!!!

SYMBYOSIS RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Hossman:
                  Let me check G - I had a couple CD's I will send them to you on a slow boat when I find them - give me a bit of time to unpack from my move..
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">wow! that'd be great, Hoss. Thanks! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

I'm listening to some Emperor. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Also does anyone here know some good jazz and/or fusion ( for a starter in that genre [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Living Colour (metal/jazz/fusion/whatever)
                      Fishbone (funk/metal/fusion)

Miles Davis' work runs the gamut from Bebop to experimental fusion and everything in between. I could listen to him all day. But my favourite period is when he had John Coltrane, Cannonball Adderley, Bill Evans in the band.

Buy "Kind of Blue"... NOW!

At one time or another, he recorded with guys like Wayne Shorter, Jack DeJohnette, Robben Ford, Darryl Jones, John Scofield, Keith Jarrett, Herbie Hancock, Dave Holland, Theolonius Monk, Tony Williams, Ron Carter, John McLaughlin, Chick Corea, basically a Who's Who of post-war jazz. Check out the solo careers of any of the above for a good taste of a wide range of jazz & fusion.

also check out:
                      Charlie Parker
                      McCoy Tyner
                      Dave Brubeck
                      Gerry Mulligan
                      Cassandra Wilson
                      Sarah Vaughan
                      Duke Ellington
                      Count Basie
                      Billie Holliday
                      Artie Shaw
                      Wynton Marsalis (his older stuff anyway, before he went strictly "pre-war" with the Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra)
                      Tribal Tech (with Scott Henderson)
                      Dizzy Gillespie
                      Weather Report (with Shorter & Jaco Pastorius, Victor Bailey & Omar Hakim)

Sting's Dream of the Blue Turtle album is a good introduction too. He had some world class jazz musos on that album, like Darryl Jones, Omar Hakim & Branford Marsalis.

That's a few names to get you started. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

These are more intense metal / fusioned with jazz and a liltte insanity...

Atheist...legends
                        Theory in Practice**
                        Symbyosis***
                        Watch Tower***
                        Spastic Ink...INSANE!!
                        Psychotic Waltz...not too crazy but I love 'em
                        Sadist
                        Sceptic
                        Martyr
                        Planet X ..Macalpine

I listened to King Crimson "discipline" that's what got me started doing the crazy bass shit

I was just listening to a band called Into Eternity..they have two albulms out ..

something pretty fresh until others start jumping on this band wagon..They mix a little metalcore (KillSwitch Engage , Avenged Sevenfold , Lamb of God ) and progressive metal and the bassist sounds extremely good and I don't throw around bass compliments too often..a lot of shredding !!!

plus guitairst like Alex scolnick / Chris Poland / Tony MacAlpine (Cab) / Greg Howe ...don't know why he's not mentioned more often , he's one the the best in the biz..his newer stuff is insane!

Well this the "rant: page so I'm obligated to make a complaint ..

Sometimes things just suck infinate amounts of ass out of you...I had a day like that today.

Where everything after you wake up just goes wrong. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool thansk for the bass shredder info guys ..

The underground is vast...Korum sounds interesting

I like the players in Cryptopsy and Nile

Duh [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] ...there is one bassist in metal that REALLY needs to be mentioned ..I had the pleasure of "Bumping" into him at the airport when I worked there..I recognized him and chatted for almost an hour ..yes I did play his fretless that he was carrying on his back just to "establish" myself as a "respectable /credible" player....

Steve Digiorgio...awesome!!!!

He doesn't do much slappin or tappin' ....but damn is he good ...especially when you see him play in a personal setting.

Comment

Duh ...there is one bassist in metal that REALLY needs to be mentioned ...
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">you forgot another one : fieldy from korn [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

if you like korum i can provide you two of their albums just pm me if interested.

Comment

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Duh ...there is one bassist in metal that REALLY needs to be mentioned ...
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">you forgot another one : fieldy from korn [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                              </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No he didn't - he said "good" and "metal"
                              not "mediocre gnu-metal"! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I got the smilies, just had to add that in though! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Hey check out Between The Buried and Me...they are from here in Charlotte, starting to get national attention, and they play really technical metalcore, and while that ain't really my bag, I have to say that they are probably the BEST metalcore band around here. They've got two albums out.

Comment

Working...
                                X