Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What kind of man is our prez?

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne:
    I would say, "More power to you. Enjoy your oil." But because I'm a rational capitalist I understand that such a scenario cannot happen. Perhaps in one or two exporting nations but not across the board. Further, if it did (even in a small way), it would dramatically quicken the pace of alternative energy research and that could only be a good thing in the long run.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, I do not either think that it would ever happen. But, if it did, the western world would have two options; to invade them, or to face an economical (and technological) breakdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk:
      Okay, if their is no one-way correlation between IQ and poverty, what is the reason to why so many people live in poverty and misery?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There's a high correleation between political instability and poverty (see e.g., Africa) and also between lack of liberty and poverty (see e.g., North Korea, most of the Middle East). Poverty is a consequence of the failure of a nation's internal political and economic systems, nothing more, nothing less.
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Some of thes post are sooooooooooooooo gay imo ....but I'm to weak and hurt (accident with my vette today) to debate .

For those who believe....God , the father , creator of heaven and Earth ...he created everything the light and the dark ...everything means everything ....from fuzzy bunnies to Cancer.

He was wrong! If you disagree then answer this question

Did he make Lucifer exactly who he was knowing what he was ...then punished him for it for eternity.

So , did God fuck up by making Lucifer ?

don't apply the "free agency" BS to the heavenly spirits ...that only applied to man.

BTW the fall out between Lucifer and God was God's will to give man "free agency" ...the ability to choose right from wrong ...

Lucifer knew Man was too weak to handle such power and protested God...Lucifer was right ...look around you..

Man is to weak to handle such power ..Lucifer was going to teach man right from wrong so God would not loose a single mortal soul ...Remember at this time God and Lucifer loved each other..soooooooo

instead he sent his only begotten son JC to die for all man's sins....instead.

Well allrightythen ....also answer this ...what has change before and after Christ's death...

does man still sin and require redemption to enter heaven and do we still die....what did Christ do for you.

I know this is a Prez thread ...Bush who I think is the best man for the job (I don't care if he's a christian , buddist or Satanist)...

But I want The Christians to explain just as I have explained and questioned as who I am.....if you love God with so much conviction ...simple tell me ....why?

I hate him or the very "theory" of him.....but I do NOT hate Christians ....like I said before my whole family and most of the people I know who I care about are Christians ...

I'm asking ....do you really know (WHY) you love God / JC....Do You

Do you read the bible as I have many times......only leaving me with these very thoughts and questions ...I would say the Bible itself is God's worst enemy ...it's there in Black and White penned by William Shakepear....that he is a big prick.

who was right God or Satan???
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill, enough already. You're like the neighborhood f'n Jehovahs witness, knockin' on the damn door looking to covert everyone.
          [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

(Sshhh! If we're quiet, they'll think no-one is home and go away. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] )

Comment

God loves you, Bill!

He just also gets a kick out of pissing you off! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Why? Well... it's a mystery.... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Rich
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Yeah sure likes peeing on my leg lately.. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Did I mentioned that I got hit in my VETTE today!!!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm getting high ...

I love you [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

damn that sucks, your Vette was wrecked

and i bought a vette tonight [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

well okay, i didnt really cuz the stupid salesman wouldnt come down another $1000

been looking for the past year though

have 5 more to look at this weekend

Horns- what year/ options your vette have/had?

Comment

Cool , what kind ya get

My dad bought an 84 for when that style just came C4 out ..tuned port . It's been in the family for 20 years . Its has 30K , it's all blacked out rims and all..original paint that still looks damn good...did.

John and his buds at work did some mods they fucked with the tranny and put 3:73s in the rear..

Then I put a stage III chip in , took off the cats , K & N filter ..

I was wanting something new anyway ..I will fix this up and sell this ..it will sell...But thinkin' about a Shelby really bad right now..or a nice C5 ...a Z06 really.

Two totaly different animals..

They are making everything so fast nowadays ...kind of funny with the fuel prices ...but we still buy shitloads of muscle and SUVs..it's not like the 70s ..that's for sure ..

I don't see many Geo Metro running around..

Now for the matter back at hand ...

Hail Bush!

I like it when he always has that "shit-eatin' grin on his face ...like he's constantly saying "Fuck you"..

we know that's all he's thinkin'... [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by DJROBA:
                    Iraq is a pre-emtive strike.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree with your assertion but not the reasons you stated. Iraq is a last-gasp attempt to assist the rise of western-style democracy in the Middle East in the hope that such political change will moderate the region's views. So yeah, it's a pre-emptive strike but more of a political one and less of one aimed at weapons or specific actors. Problem is that Islam is likely going to treat the introduction of democratic ideals the same way your immune system treats a virus.
                    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Did you know that the "seperation of church and state" is not law, and is only mentioned as a passing thought. This so called legislation is not a reality. Check it out. I am not making this up.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh puhlease. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Believe what you want, but separation of church and state is one of the founding principles of our democracy. As done by the framers of our Constitution, Bill of Rights, etc. And many of those same framers - the founding fathers of this nation - were strongly devout Christians. Despite their personal religious beliefs, they knew and understood the importance of keeping the two separate. Religion describes the "law" of God. Government determines the laws that govern man and society. The two are not the same, nor should they be. Whatever your beliefs.

The twisted and f**ked-up interpretations of the Koran and Islam espoused by the nutjob terrorists and their supporters in the governments of Middle-Eastern nations should show you the exact reason why it is imperative to not mix church and state. Since the dawn of time, religious beliefs have been used to justify murder, war and other atrocities. And the real motivations underlying those actions have been for the whims of man. Power, greed, wealth, self-righteous and arrogant BS.

[ May 12, 2004, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: shreddermon ]

Comment

well said Yetanotherone.

Comment

The Christian beliefs have not changed since our independence. It's all over the fabrik of our constitution. Did you know that the "seperation of church and state" is not law, and is only mentioned as a passing thought. This so called legislation is not a reality. Check it out. I am not making this up. Anyway, it's in our constitution, on our currency, it's in our pledge, or national songs,etc... I say, welcome to our country and try to have the best life you can, but do not mess with my countries heritage and beliefs. You are welcome to live here, as long as you respect our laws and heritage. If you can't, then there's a problem. A small problem, yet it is a problem.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Gaaaaaah. I am not talking about using the word God printed on your money, or in your national anthem. I was wondering what BELIEFS your country was founded on. For example, do they justify war and killing?

Comment

If you want a good idea of how crappy life is with Church and State not separated, look no further than the dark ages.

Is that what you want?

People aren't much smarter than they were back then. we just have more resources available to us.

Comment

I investigated the speration of church and state, and it is not formally inducted into law in our constitution or legislation. I thought it was, but was suprised to find out it is not actually law. It is reduced to a statement. I was very suprised to find this out. All that has gone on such as taking out the word God in our pledge, or the judge that was ordered to take out his ten commandments plagues are all done by political pressure as to not offend certains groups that put up a big stink. But there is no actual doctrine declaring the seperation.

I agree that there should be a seperation between church and state. There have been attempts to amend the original constitution to put into law the actual law of seperation, but this has not actually happened. Our beleifs do not condoen killings and murder on behalf of our beliefs. People do such things. No human other than Jesus was perfect.

[ May 12, 2004, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: DJROBA ]
                              1990 Jackson Professional
                              1992 Dean ML
                              2004 Epiphone Flying V
                              2005 Epiphone Dot
                              2009 Fender Stratocaster
                              2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                              2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                              2006 Fender P Bass
                              2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                              1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                              1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                              Custom Pedalboard
                              ADA MP1
                              ADA FX2
                              Tascam 2488

Comment

Hey Bill, sorry to hear about the accident; I saw it on the other thread.
                                If you have more injuries from the accident you need to assert that, man.
                                That guy wasn't watching where he was going and his insurance can pay for your pain and hassle. Anyway, get it checked out because that kind of shit gets worse as time goes by.

After 20 years, you might regret it if you sell it, though I also know you may think of it as "damaged" even after it's repaired. Just give it some thought, is my advice.

Anyway, I hope you feel better soon!

Rich
                                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X