X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What kind of man is our prez?

Originally posted by Monk:
    You are quote-mining.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Let's quote-mine a little more from islamic-world.net's thoughts on 9/11 (the most moderate statements of theirs that I could find):

We commit to do our part in the struggle to rid the world of criminal violence and terrorism, and to help bring about a world of peace, love and justice according to the Will of Allah.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ah yes, if only we'd all live by the "Will of Allah" we'd have a world of peace, love and justice ... just like that everyone in the Middle East is enjoying today.

Moving right along from the minimal pro-forma grieving of the first paragraph we find:

It is a telling fact that millions of people throughout the world hate America, and are convinced they do so with good reason.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wait for it, here it comes ...

...people of many of the world's Islamic nations, who rightly consider themselves to have been oppressed and exploited by America and American interests.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Those vile Americans! How dare they buy our oil at whatever prices we want to charge! How dare they colonize us ... oh wait, that was the French....

There seems to be no question that many million people across the world today are suffering, even dying, both directly and indirectly due to policies and practices of the American government and its allies.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh no, millions of Muslims aren't dying because ISLAM IS A MISERABLE FAILURE. They're dying becaus of the evil Americans (and of course the Jews but everyone knows that the Jews control America anyway - at least everyon who's Muslim).

But wait there's a ray of hope:

Unless the real causes of this deep animosity toward America are removed it is naïve to think that it will be possible to stop those who would be willing to use violence to harm America,American citizens or American interests. Terrorism can never be stopped until injustice in all of its forms is stopped.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Pray tell, what must we evil Americans do to reform our ways so that you will deem us worthy of living in peace with your obviously superior society?

When you are an African parent sitting homeless in the dust, hungry and thirsty, while your children die slowly before your eyes it is easy to see the blatant unfairness of this economic disparity. Is it then surprising that there will be anger toward America?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ah, now I understand. We must remove the dust from Africa! And of course send them bottled water. If only the peaceful, wonderful, enlightened Muslims ruled America we'd all be dhimmi and forced to pay all of our material wealth in jizyah. Then the enlightened Muslim leaders would then use it to do what they've done for their own people already ... nothing.

Allah has told us that wealth must be equitably distributed among the world's people and nations.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">In particular it must be redistributed to Muslims from dhimmi.

The unfettered capitalism of America and the western nations, which has also now been foisted upon much of the rest of the world, is not fair, it is not just and it is not right - in a word it is evil.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Capitalism, the only truly successful economic system the world has ever seen isn't just unfair, it's EVIL! I wonder whatever would make them say a thing like that?

Watch for it, here it comes again:

Islam offers what might be described as a form of limited capitalism, which is fair, just, and right in every aspect, and would result in an equitable distribution of wealth among the peoples and the nations of the world. The introduction of the Islamic economic system throughout the world would be a large step toward correcting past economic injustices, healing the wounds of the exploited masses, and would spread feelings of harmonious unity across the world.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I should have known. Allah in his infinite wisdom has provided Muslims with the perfect economic system. I guess they all just enjoy living in mud huts in the desert without indoor plumbing or clean water. But then again, I'm just an evil American, what would I know about the perfect wonders revealed by Islam?

America has pushed upon the world, through powerful and often unfair techniques of social influence, a belief in the myth of itself as a model of everything good and right.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Gosh, I wonder what the model of all that is good an right in the world is could be? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

When you look around the world today you see the citizens of most nations striving in a desperate attempt to mimic the look, the language, and the behaviour of Americans. It is often not a pretty sight!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I wonder why? Let's compare: highest standard of living in the world : mud huts in the desert. Hmmm, highest standard of living in the world : mud huts in the desert. Gosh, this is hard? Whyever would anyone want to mimic the evil Americans instead of the perfect and enlightened Muslim cultures of the world? I'm at a loss to explain it.

As Muslims we must know that the American form of democracy can never be allowed in a truly Islamic society.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">But, but, but, I thought they were open-minded. Flexible. Able to adapt. At least that's what they told me. I just can't understand whatever issue a good Muslim could have with American style democracy. I do hope they'll tell me.

In the American form of democracy any issue is allowed to be put to a vote of the people, and the majority decision prevails upon all.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh, *that*. I wonder why Muslims wouldn't benefit from popular rule as every other society that's ever tried it has done? Odd.

Can we as Muslims put an issue that has already been decided for us by Allah up for a vote and accept the will of the majority if they vote against the Will of Allah? Of course we cannot, so therefore we can never accept democracy as defined, practiced, and promoted by America. Islam offers a political system that is based on consultation and consensus that allows each individual's voice to be heard, but can never make a decision against the Will of Allah.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And of course the Will of Allah (tm) is known only to the priviledged few so there's no need to ignore the whining of the masses when they call for self-determination, free will and liberty. See e.g., Iran.

The nature of this political process is such that it could easily be described as an Islamic democracy.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually I'd call it fascism but that's just me.

We are, and we must remain, critical of all aspects of the American way of life that are in opposition to the Will of Allah.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Which aspects are, of course, all that flow from secular democracy (as well as secular democracy itself but they already covered that). If only the evil Americans could see the perfection that is Islam we could let them live in peace.

While America is said to welcome Muslims in their practice of the religion of Islam, we wonder if this Islam we are being so welcomed to practice is truly the Islam given to us by Allah in the Qur'an and in the sunnah of our beloved Prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him); or, will they allow us only to practice a weakened and secularized parody of true Islam, similar to that emasculated form of Christianity 'practiced' by the millions of nominal Christians in America and the rest of the western world that seems to blow with the ever changing winds of social fashion and human opinion?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Christianity in America being emasculated because, well, it's not Islam. Right guys?

And yes, everyone's very familiar with your Constitutional prohibition on the practice of Islam. After all, the US government has a long and sordid history of religious repression.

Oh wait, I meant to say, "Islamic governments have a long and sordid history of religious repression." But that doesn't count because Islam is perfect, the Christians have lost their faith and the Jews are just evil because they tricked God into giving them his blessing (covered in the Q'uran and the Hadiths).

We must remember it was not many years ago that a leader of the United States Congress stated in an address to the people of America, "Now with the fall of communism the only remaining threat to the American way of life is Islam".
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Gee, I wonder why he said that? I'm sure I have no idea.

The leaders of America and leaders of nations subordinate to American interests often refer to "religious extremism" among Muslims. This 'religious extremism' they refer to sometimes includes such traditional Islamic practices as: Muslim sisters wearing the hijab (head scarf);Muslim brothers having beards, wearing turbans, or dressing in a tradition Islamic manner; praying regularly five times a day; praying too often at the masjid (mosque); or,believing that it is obligatory to live according to sharia (the Laws of Allah).
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...flying hijacked airliners into buildings, sending your children into other nations as suicide bombers, random slaughter of civilians, belief that you're divinely destined to dominate the world, burning/mutilation of bodies, and other various and sundry assorted stupidities as specified by the world's one "perfect" and "absolute" religions (just ask a Muslim, they'll tell you).

The leaders of America and the western nations have made the term "fundamentalist Muslim" almost synonymous with the word terrorist. The term 'fundamentalist' as it refers to religion simply means, one who believes in the fundamental truths and doctrines of their religion. The term 'fundamentalist' is so alien to Muslims it would never be used by them. In Islam, if you are not a 'fundamentalist' Muslim you are not a Muslim.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Need I say more?

Ultimately, America and the rest of the non-Muslim world must come to know and accept that all Muslims believe with good reason that they are responsible to Allah to help create a human society living fully and truly according to the Will of God, and most, if not all, Muslims will never cease in their efforts until that most sacred goal is achieved. This is the reality of Islamic faith and practice.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Don't they already have such a society? Why don't they just stay there and enjoy it? Hmmm....

Now is the time for Muslims across the world to stand tall and stand united, it is the moment for Muslims to be strong and to be proud, for we have in the Islam given to us by Allah in His Mercy the answer to every terrible problem presently threatening to destroy human society.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh I get it: if only we were ALL Muslim there wouldn't be any more problems. Just like there are no problems in any Muslim nation today. Oh wait, I forgot: all the world's problems are caused by Americans (and Jews).

The followers of Islam are better placed to determine what constitutes a good, right, and just society than any other sector in today's world.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">In America we call this sort of thinking "bigotry" and discourage it with much prejudice.

The non-Muslim world, as they decide how best to act against those they accuse of aiding, abetting, or carrying out acts of criminal violence or terrorism, must never ignore the fact that Islam does undeniably place high and binding obligation upon every Muslim to come to the aid of their innocent brothers and sisters anywhere in the world if they are attacked.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That sounds pretty good ...

If America and the world's other non-Muslim governments do not rightly carry out this battle against evil, Muslims and Islamic nations would no longer be able to legitimately offer their support and assistance. If it ever becomes clear that innocent Muslims are suffering or dying due to this "war against terrorism" being carried out in a wrong and unjust manner, all Muslims and Islamic nations should immediately withdraw their support from those responsible for bringing about this harm, and offer assistance to their brothers and sisters who have become the victims of wrongful violence.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I knew it was too good to be true. They didn't mean "innocent brothers and sisters" in a secular humanist sense, they meant "Muslims". After all no Muslim could be a terrorist because terrorism is wrong therefore no action could be taken against any Muslim without that action being "wrong". Hey, I think I'm starting to get the hang of this!

We do not think sufficient evidence has so far been presented to feel sure that Osama bin Laden is responsible for the tragic deaths of thousands in America.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, of course not. He's as innocent as a newborn babe.

We would not like to think followers of Islam would ever perpetrate such appalling acts.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm sure they'd like to think that but I've got 1400 years of history to the contrary.

It is our hope and our prayer that this "war against terrorism" will not turn into a vicious quest for revenge which could so very quickly transform itself into the "clash of civilizations", Western secular materialism against Islam, which many believe is inevitable.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, since you guys were kind enough to point out that Islam and western secular ideals are incompatible I'd say we've reached high noon, no?

At this critical point in human history the United States of America must make a most crucial choice.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This ought to be good.

America in its grief can choose to exercise its unprecedented military and economic power in an orgy of vengeance, relentlessly crushing helpless 'enemies' both real and imagined, reveling in its role as the world's sole remaining superpower, ...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We can only hope.

...or America can choose to honour the memory of those who died so tragically by using its great power and influence to mark that moment of madness as the beginning of the creation of a future world of peace, love, and justice.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And since we learned earlier that the only source of "peace, love, and justice" is Islam that would require ....

If America and the world's other governments in their completely justified, very necessary, and much overdue "war against terrorism" will also commit part of this long and difficult struggle to the creation of a good, right, and just society, if they do so in a way that follows the accepted standards of justice, and if they harm no innocent citizens of any nation in the process, ....
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ah we must only create a "good, right, and just society" to gain their favor. Remind me one more time what the only possible good, right and just society is? Anyone? I seem to recall that they told us just a bit ago ....

OK seriously, I picked this piece because this is a Muslim's idea of sending condolences for the murder of over 3000 innocent people and the fact that all they can do is espouse the superiority of Islam and attack all of American society so soon after that tragedy speaks loudly for what they truly are. This piece is by no means radical or in any other way out of the ordinary for Islamic thought, it' representative of (and indeed dramatically less radical than) many, many, many other writings I've read. The only good society is an Islamic society, Christians are good people but all modern Christians aren't really Christians, it's their duty to spread the wonders of their perfect religion/society/financial system/political system/legal system worldwide.

No thanks and please pass the ammunition.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

YetAnotherOne just kicked some ass [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

wish i had the power to do that.

Comment

power and greed with a dash of jealousy , hatred and envy splashed in the mix ....Yep that's what man is ...That's what God is ...

This is who we are.....

....this stuff is deep ..BUT not really ...however you want to slice it ...Bush is dealing with it the only way possible ...War

War ...it's what's for dinner [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Religion is not deep. It's just a monger of hate and war. FUCK IT!

Comment

Yep ...that's pretty much what I said Drip ...

Man is not that deep ....fuck it ..

Man ...is a monkey ....Time to eat , time to fuck , time to shit and time to fight ...

that's what and who we are ..accept it ...deal with it ....

I love it... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
              ...however you want to slice it ...Bush is dealing with it the only way possible ...War
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep, unforunately there's going to have to be a clear winner and a clear loser (worldwide) before this will end. Welcome to WW III.
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Oh yeahhhhhhhhh...

you know it ....welcome to the BEGINNING of WWIII [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

this will go long after Bush ...wayyyyyyyy long!

America will win like always ...we are the best at it ...that's why we are loved so much and hated so much at the same time.. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm freakin' speechless........ [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

That's my catch phrase for all things...good, bad, stupid.

FUCK IT.

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think you are pretty much wrong. Agreed, the Islam tends to be pretty violent, but lots of other religions are NOT. I myself am Christian and the doctrine of Christianity if applied the right way, the way Jesus told us, will never result in a war, started by the Christians. Ghandi once accused us of having a great tool to change the world in a positive peacefull way and treating it like a piece of literature (referring to the Bible), talking about mr peace himself...

I know some ppl over here are religious frustrated, but I am afraid those are pretty wrong about Christianity.

Harrald

Comment

Jesus told us ..

have you talked to him ...does he write you , call you at home...maybe an e-mail or two..

Sorry but I have to say shit like that....I can't help myself! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I know... but you didn't interpretate that well, now did ya? [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I said Jesus told US, that means mankind in general, the ones who lived before me and the ones who will after I am gone. so no email, no hotline or helpdesk or whatever it might be, just some different resources that all more or less say the same about Him

Harrald

Comment

Originally posted by guitar geek:
                            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by the_drip:
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think you are pretty much wrong. Agreed, the Islam tends to be pretty violent, but lots of other religions are NOT. I myself am Christian and the doctrine of Christianity if applied the right way, the way Jesus told us, will never result in a war, started by the Christians. Ghandi once accused us of having a great tool to change the world in a positive peacefull way and treating it like a piece of literature (referring to the Bible), talking about mr peace himself...

I know some ppl over here are religious frustrated, but I am afraid those are pretty wrong about Christianity.

Harrald
                            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">it doesn't matter what its supposed to be like. because mankind is too big-headed.

Ideally Religion is a great thing, but I"m not an idealist and can see the reality of the world, and mankind manages to fuck everything up. And religion has become a tool for war and hate as a product of human hypocrisy.

Christianity, while some people might be able to apply it in a positive way, on the whole will never accomplish what you believe it is capable of.

Comment

Well now. We've really flew of course now haven't we. What in GOD'S name does this have to do with what kinda of person do we have for President. I mean, for the LOVE of GOD. I can only say that, with the LORD Jesus Christ's Blessings, George W. will remain in office. Because, LORD knows this country needs him.
                              1990 Jackson Professional
                              1992 Dean ML
                              2004 Epiphone Flying V
                              2005 Epiphone Dot
                              2009 Fender Stratocaster
                              2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                              2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                              2006 Fender P Bass
                              2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                              1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                              1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                              Custom Pedalboard
                              ADA MP1
                              ADA FX2
                              Tascam 2488

Comment

the fact that he's a creationist and a fundamentalist has alot to do with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X