Back from the BRMC tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from the BRMC tour

OK, as you may have noticed, I am back from the Black Rebel Motorcycle Club tour. That rig was INSANE. The rig included:

15+ footpedals

2 pedalboards

1 effects rack(which I did the switching for)

4 Gibson ES 335's in 5 or 6 tunings(I had to completely retune 2-4 times in a set

4 Fender Twin Reverb amps

1 Keyboard and amp

1 Fender slide guitar

In a 15 song set I did 13 guitar changes, constantly tuning guitars, watching for stuff to break, memorizing MIDI patches, and following the bass player when he would jump into the audience. It's seriously one of the toughest gigs in the world of guitar teching. Fortunately I did a pretty good job, now I can pretty much call my own shots as far as teching goes. I am back with the Chelsea Smiles now(thank god, SO much less stressful), and I may be going into the studio to guitar tech for Chevelle. Other than that I have a pile of guitars waiting for me to repair, and a few local dates coming up. Looks like I may well be making about $75,000/yr. Oh, and I get treated like a rock star everywhere we go, if we need ANYTHING people just get it for us.

Re: Back from the BRMC tour

Ace did you tech for BRMC at Coachella last weekend? I'm glad to hear about this turn of events! I dig Chevelle too-their last album was pretty intense!

Comment

Yes, I did Coachella, that gig was a nightmare though. Honestly I'd rather not talk about it just yet. Give me a few weeks and I'll tell all. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna be a guitar tech, sounds soo hard but so much fun!

Andy!

Comment

Welcome back, glad you survived: can't wait to hear about it, when you decompress a bit!

Keith
          The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Re-reading my first post, it sounds like I didn't have any fun, which I totally did, and all the band members were really cool. I got along with everyone on the tour, and I had a good time, but you better believe that I earned that paycheck!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Sounds great Ace, I'm so glad things are really working out for you. Sounds like the work paid off!

Dave->
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Go Ace! Nice work, man. I'll have to buy you a beer when the work brings you to Australia. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Welcome back! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'd love to go to Australia!! If you pay for my ticket, I'll buy YOU a beer. Maybe even two!!

Comment

Working...
                    X