What's wrong with me?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What\'s wrong with me?!?

I don't think anything is wrong just that your tastes have changed. I'm the complete opposite in that every guitar I have has a FRO except one acoustic and one San Dimas Charvel that has the dreaded Kahler. Although I really don't use the bar very much I'm just so used to the way my hand rests on it. I don't tune any guitars lower than Eb so I don't have a use for a TOM or hardtail. At least if I have a Floyd I can use it if I want to

My tastes have changed towards pointy bodies, I don't like RR, KV's or Warriors anymore but I like round horn V's and Firebirds, and of course full sized strats.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy:
      So basically Joe, you've reached postpartum Vanhendrixbomb..you're normal.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] So I am normal! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I got a Schecter 7-string w/tune-o-matic, and I have been playing that a lot lately. But before that, I was a total Floyd player for the past several years. From now on, I'll probably want some of both, since I still write parts requiring Floyds every now and then, but I'm starting to really prefer the feel and tone of a fixed bridge guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by charvelguy:
          So basically Joe, you've reached postpartum Vanhendrixbomb..you're normal.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] So I am normal! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, about as 'normal' as a guy who shows his pierced tattooed boobs on the forum can be. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Both have their challenges/purpose. The trem/floyd to me is an effect.. only it is mounted on the guitar. I treat it the same as I would a pedal, only I'm physically manipulating it, so it becomes a technique as well. Sometimes I like a little delay or chorus, other times I prefer the challenge of dry, same with my guitars and my music and how I play for whatever style.

[ May 15, 2004, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Working...
          X