Weird Phobias?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Phobias?

I'm terrified of Spiders, snakes and heights.
    I ran into a spider web once while mowing in a wooded area and about a 4 inch yellow and black
    spider got in my face!!!!! I freaked out, was yelling and waving my arms trying to get it off me! I almost had a heart attack.

Ladders and high places scare the piss outta me unless theres a guard rail of some kind.

FUNNY STORY:

I used to work as a Loss Prevention/Security Officer for K-Mart and one of our security guys, Fred, had a "midget" or "dwarf" phobia big time! I'm not kidding, we never caught one shoplifting but whenever a midget was in the store, he wouldn't leave the office. I've seen this guy tackle and handcuff 250 lb men before but he was scared to death of a midget. He always said if he saw one shoplifting on camera, another officer would have to bring them in and he would have to leave the office until the police came and picked them up. We asked him why he was so scared of them and said he really didn't know, they just freaked him out.

One day we got him good, lol, I saw a dwarf woman on camera and so I called Fred on the 2 way radio
    and told him there was a possible shoplifter and I needed some floor surveillance. I told him what aisle she was on and the cameras were rollin' as they always were, anyway he walks by the aisle she's on, and as soon as he sees her he yells out "Ahhh" and literally takes off running back to the office. He was as white as a ghost
    and sweating when he walked in and we were all laughing our asses off! He didn't think it was funny. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Weird Phobias?

We've had quite a few insect/spider topics before, and I was quite surprised at the number of JCF metalheads afraid of wee little spiders. I get pretty anxious around them too, and if I spot one in my house and I'm home alone, it takes me ten or fifteen minutes to plan an attack on it. Otherwise, I'll get mommy to get it for me. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] We don't use a flyswatter because it leaves insect stains on the walls, so we use toilet paper wads to capture it and flush it down the toilet. Feeling the damn things squish in your fingers is fuuuuuuuuuun. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Spiders and clowns, both of those give me the heebies.

Andy!

Comment

I hate spiders and bugs in general, but here in NJ they're not really that big, so it's not that bad. I'll just get a tissue or paper towel, crush them and flush them in the toilet. Usually my cat spots them first and he tries to play with them. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Back in '98 I lived down south in GA for a couple months, I saw a huge spider down in the basement of my friend's house out of the corner of my eye while I was doing laundry... his body was an inch by an inch, his legs even longer, and it freaked me out a little. I put a little mini garbage can on top of it and ran to get a shoe and some paper towels. I came back, took the can off him, his body uncurled and he started walking again! I smashed him with my friend's shoe and cleaned up with the paper towel. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Spiders, snakes, heights, and overly crowded spaces.

I've got no problem with squashing a spider with my shoe or whatever. It's my neighbors who have a problem with it, because I tend to want to put the spider through the wall or the floor while I'm killing it.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

My Number 1 phobia? Dark water.
            Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Dyslexic Jackson fans... UNTIE!

How great is that signature! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave->
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Probably spiders for me, but only certain ones. I'm in southern Kansas and we still have brown recluse spiders this far north, ...and I hate those bastard spiders. I just had a house built and this is the first time I can remember not having those things around (yet).

Havn't been bit by one but I did find one under my pillow one night as I was going to bed. Now I check my bed every night.

I bet you guys in Australia have some spider problems. Are they bad in the cities?

Comment

i am scared shit by spiders if they get onto me some how

i am also scared by sea creatures, i hate swimming in lakes, pond etc.
                  beach is ok but thats cuz there is a lot of people

i have absolutely no fear of any animal on land besides other humans who are look like they are gonna kick my ass

Comment

WALMART [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] I am fuggin scared to go into Walmart. I am getting acid reflux just thinking about it.....

Comment

There is nothing I can really think of that I'm AFRAID of, except maybe for waking up without my penis. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Just kidding, no phobias, but driving over large bridges makes me a little nervous. I used to have a recurring dream about driving off of a bridge when I was a kid. I'm getting ready to move to St. Louis from central Illinois and every time I drive over the Mississippi, I can't wait to get to the other side.

Comment

running out of narcotics
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] @ Tommy!!!!!!

I'm not afraid of too much anymore ...except see above complaint.

But I do have a Vase fetish...VOZ!!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Spiders....they just freak me out. And I have no idea why. My husband laughs his ass off when i freak out about a tiny spider (I can spot those bastards anywhere!), but I get my revenge when he sees a snake and I walk over and pick it up and say "you mean this little feller?"...they don't bother me at all. So it's an agreement, he takes care of the spiders and I handle the snakes. We leave the cats to deal with the rest LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy:
                              running out of narcotics
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I can relate! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                              X